RTI’s Project Accounting team is seeking a new Accounting Associate to join the team. This position will aid in analysis and evaluation of project performance at an Institute level, as well as assist individual project teams, General Accounting, and other internal stakeholders to ensure proper project accounting practices are observed. This role can be based in RTI’s headquarters in Research Triangle Park, NC or remote.
- Prepare project analysis at an Institute level for identification of needed adjustments or actions with supervision and assistance.
- Compile financial information to record transactions, prepare reports, and review and verify accuracy of information.
- Communicate with internal customers regarding completion of project related tasks and analysis.
- Adhere to corporate policies and procedures.
Typical Education & Experience Requirements
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Exposure to different industries (Not- for-Profit, Government Contracting, etc.) a plus.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and pivot between changing priorities.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Willingness to take on moderately complicated assignments with fluid directions.
Demonstration of the RTI Values and Lead Forward behaviors by all employees is critical to the Institute’s success.
Behaviors associated with our Values and Lead Forward can been found on RTI Insider and Careers page.
Accounting (Working experience)
Business Acumen (Working experience)
Accuracy and Attention to Detail (Working experience)
The anticipated pay range for this role is listed below. Our pay ranges represent national averages and may vary by location as a geographic differential may be applied to some locations within the United States.
RTI considers multiple factors when making an offer including, for example: established salary range, internal budget, business needs, and education and years of work experience possessed by the applicant. Further, salary is merely one element to our offer.
At RTI, we demonstrate our commitment to rewarding individual and team achievement through a total rewards package. This package includes (among other things) a competitive base salary, a generous paid time off policy, merit based annual increases, bonus opportunities and a robust recognition program. Other benefits include a competitive range of insurance plans (including health, dental, life, and short-term and long-term disability), access to a retirement savings program such as a 401(k) plan, paid parental leave for all parents, financial assistance with adoption expenses or infertility treatments, financial reimbursement for education and developmental opportunities, an employee assistance program, and numerous other offerings to support a healthy work-life balance
- Maximum Salary: $61,000
- Minimum Salary: $50,000