Clinical Research Licensed Therapist
Palo Alto Veterans Institute for Research (PAVIR) is seeking a full-time Clinical Research Licensed Therapist to work with the Principal Investigator, Dr. Molly Timmerman, and the rest of the research staff. The Licensed Therapist will be responsible for performing a standardized cognitive behavioral intervention as part of a federally-funded study of nonpharmacological treatment for headache attributable to mild traumatic brain injury.
PAVIR is delighted to offer a robust and comprehensive employee benefits package with exceptional offerings such as health, dental and vision insurance, 14 paid holidays, generous vacation and sick pay policies, a 401(k) with a fully vested 6% company match and 3% profit share, a wellness program, commuter benefits, and professional development training. Plus, we pay for life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance.
- Counsels patients using a manualized intervention for posttraumatic headache;
- Develops and implements treatment plans consistent with the manualized intervention.
- Reviews and modifies treatment plans as needed;
- Assesses problems and determines appropriate types and methods of treatment, and implements intervention methodologies according to treatment plans and organizational policies;
- Ensures treatment notes are recorded in patients' medical charts in accordance with industry standards and organizational policies and consistent with standing research operating procedures;
- Makes referrals to case managers as appropriate to a wide-range of community resources and services that are responsive to the longer term needs of the patient;
- Participates in research-related activities such as data collection, entry, quality assurance, and tracking;
- Competency in crisis intervention in accordance with research/facility protocols;
- Supports staff members in such areas as counseling, protective services, and family services;
- Adherence to research regulatory requirements and attendance at weekly research meetings;
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Required: Master's Degree and California State Licensure (eg. LCSW, LPC, LMFT, etc...);
- Two (2) years post-graduate supervision experience is required.
- Degree in family therapy, counseling, psychology, psychotherapy, social work, or a related discipline;
- Experience with military and veteran populations is preferred;
- Ability to independently conduct psychosocial treatment to military service members and veterans from various socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, educational and other diverse backgrounds;
- Knowledge and experience in the use of medical and mental health diagnoses, disabilities and treatment procedures;
- Independent judgment and skill in utilizing supportive, problem solving or crisis intervention techniques;
- Experience using MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and data management software.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written;
- Ability to maintain strict protocols of all confidential or sensitive information;
- Ability to adhere to research protocols and willingness to complete trainings preparatory to research (e.g., CITI, Good Clinical Practice, etc.).
ABOUT PALO ALTO VETERANS INSTITUTE FOR RESEARCH (PAVIR)
PAVIR engages in the administration of funds and providing support for the conduct of research at the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) to find new and improved ways to combat human disease and help people with disabilities. At PAVIR we work with more than 160 uniquely talented medical scientists. Our researchers have an active appointment with the VA Palo Alto Health Care System and maintain academic appointments with Stanford University. We recruit and retain talented employees who believe in making a difference in the lives of others through innovative health research.
PAVIR is a nonprofit foundation affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). As a condition of employment, all PAVIR employees are required to have an approved appointment with VA and complete a background check before they can commence work.
PAVIR is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Individuals with a Disability are encouraged to apply. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, please contact email@example.com - Human Resources department.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.