Postdoctoral Fellow - Immunology, Kim Lab
We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral research fellow to join the Kim lab in the Department of Immunology at Genentech. We are looking for a dynamic and dedicated candidate who has a strong interest in and the essential skills for studying T cells in immune regulation. This postdoctoral fellow will lead the projects that advance our understanding of the cellular and molecular mechanisms of T cell biology in inflammation and autoimmunity, with a main emphasis on tissue specific function of regulatory T cells for reestablishing immune homeostasis. The scientific insights obtained from this project are expected to be published in high impact journals and furthermore provide the basis for therapeutic opportunities for autoimmune disorders such as Multiple Sclerosis. The successful applicant will have an opportunity to work closely with a diverse scientific team including neuroscientists, oncologists, and bioinformaticians.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will be a recent or pending PhD graduate in Immunology, molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related biological science. The candidate will have demonstrated a record of scientific accomplishments including impactful peer-reviewed first author paper(s).
- PhD in Immunology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related biological science
- Enthusiasm in tracking complex biological problems and vigorous scientific logics are desired.
- The successful candidate will have a strong scientific background that could include cellular and molecular Immunology, multi-dimensional flowcytometry and in vivo animal models
- Excellent skills in communication, scientific curiosity and track record in a highly collaborative environment
- Mechanisms of restoration of tissue homeostasis in T cell mediated autoimmunity
- Identification of key molecular events of regulatory T cells that control autoinflammation and tissue damage using mouse model of autoimmune disease
Relocation benefits are available for this job posting.
For information about the Postdoctoral Program at Genentech, please go to: