Labor Relations Coordinator
The Labor Relations Coordinator will assist with labor relations matters, gathering, collecting, and maintaining documents and records required for contract, investigations, and negotiations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates all administrative and operations activities associated with the Labor Relations Department.
- Attend arbitration hearings to assist spokesperson in presentation of employer’s case.
- Management of the department’s calendar for planned and often spontaneous requests.
- Coordinate with inside counsel, outside counsel and arbitrators to set up and coordinate meetings and hearings (in-person and virtual).
- Assist department with workplace investigations, including notetaking, collecting documents and preparing reports.
- Aid in the investigation of grievances, take notes in meetings with union representatives to discuss grievances, arrange for grievance payments, review draft answers to grievances.
- Receive, distribute, log, and file arbitration notices.
- Prepare monthly, semi-annual, and annual departmental reports.
- Coordinate bargaining process for union contracts, including participating in sub-teams in negotiation preparation, research metrics and data for pre-negotiations reports, proofread new contract documents, revisions to contract drafts, and finalize new contract for printing.
- Research departmental database system as requested for historical documents and maintaining departmental database system.
- Coordinating the administration of grievances, including input into spreadsheets, distribution to appropriate parties, arranging payments, and logging into files.
- Set up training sessions on multiple topics and help with the preparation of the presentation.
- Prepare monthly, year-to-date and prior year Labor Relations metrics comparison chart.
- Input documents into database system, and research database as requested for relevant documents.
- Management of the filing system, including opening and closing files and maintaining the organization of the active files.
- Management of the Labor Relations Manager’s and department’s calendar for planned and often spontaneous requests
- Monitoring office supplies, placing orders and responding to equipment malfunctions.
- Coordinate travel as necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field or equivalent experience, generally on the basis of 2:1 (experience:college) years.
- Previous work experience, (such as internships and summer employment), in Human Resources is preferred.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) systems; ability to interact with individuals from diverse levels and provide excellent service.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organization and customer service skills; strong attention to detail.
- Ability to consult with professionals at all levels within the Laboratory; must be discrete and be able to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent time management skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collect and organize documents and data for use by business people.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Previous experience as a paralegal, or knowledge of labor relations operations and terminology
- Understanding of laws, regulations, and guidelines related to HR and contract negotiations.