Supervisory Construction Inspector
As a member of the Modernization Project Office, the experienced electrical inspector will inspect work within the electrical discipline associated with new construction and/or renovation work to ensure conformance with contract documents and applicable codes and standards.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years field experience in construction with an emphasis on electrical installation (110-480 volt), control wiring, communication/ fiber installation, and fire alarm device wiring.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret plans and specifications and perform constructability reviews
- Preparation of daily narrative reports
- Develop Lockout/Tagout Plans
- Verification of work performed on contractor payment applications
- Coordination of construction work with facility operations and other stakeholders
- Responsible for quality of work
- Verification of contractor compliance with contract drawings and specifications
- Coordination of construction activities with facility user and support divisions to meet operational requirements
- Responsible to verify installation against shop drawings and specifications
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 10 years’ experience in construction inspection of electrical systems
- Working knowledge of the latest National Electric Code and testing criteria for all types of electrical systems is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Valid driver’s license
- The ability to work Overtime on weekends or extended hours to accommodate contractor work schedules.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Certified Electrical Inspector
- Knowledge of fire-stopping, fire-rated construction, and/or fire-proofing
- OSHA 30-hour training