Sr Project Controls Analyst-Risk Management
The work will be based at BNL, or domestically in the US subject to an approved remote work agreement.
Candidate will report to the PMC Manager and will implement cost and schedule project planning and control functions for large scientific construction projects and smaller Research and Development projects, with specific focus on Project Risk Management. The Project Management Center is responsible for providing Project Management expertise to the Principal Investigator or Project Director/Manager including expertise in initial planning, cost estimating, scheduling, risk assessment, EVMS reporting, change control and project management training and documentation. The project management/controls experience should be in the earliest stages of project planning through execution including change control and project closeout. Selected candidate will draw upon a sophisticated understanding of project management methodology, project control principles, and hands-on experience with Primavera to successfully lead work, resources, and dollars using project controls tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement all aspects of an earned value management system, which consists of developing a fully integrated resource loaded schedule
- Assist technical management in developing risk estimates
- Lead project risk managements initiatives to include Risk workshops, developing risk estimates, and monte carlo simulations to determine cost and schedule contingency needs
- Conduct analysis of the project schedule using critical path methodology and project metrics
- Support all Project Controls staff when project goes through change control process with respect to Risk and Estimate uncertainty.
- Develop and maintain central risk register database consisting of data from all projects.
- Interact with project technical staff to define scope of work, project risks, baseline changes, variance analysis, and implementation of corrective actions
- Present project data at meetings and external project reviews
- Lead the development and deployment of new techniques and tools
- Develop templates, serving as a Risk tool specialist, and counsel program managers/control account managers on the maintenance of their risk register
- Support proposal preparation, procedure development and Project Management Training
- Advance project risk management tools and processes
- Advance project Risk Management skillset of all PMC staff and the project teams
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related discipline. Equivalency is based on a 2:1 (experience:college) years’ experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of professional cost/scheduling/Risk Management experience
- Expertise in cost estimation, budgeting, and control, with focus on Risks and Estimate uncertainty
- Keen understanding of Earned Value Management System processes and requirements
- Proficiency in Primavera P6 software and the use of Safran Risk software to perform Monte carlo simulations
- Proficiency in scheduling theory, techniques and methodologies and also in project management principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project experience.
- Excellent analytical and reasoning skills and proven ability to develop solutions to complex problems
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively handle one’s own time to deliver results
- Excellent verbal communication skills with presentation experience
- Self-starter, team player, willing to take initiative and able to perform independently.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Master’s degree
- Professional Certifications such as PMP, RMP, SP, EVP etc.
- Experience in a DOE project environment
- Experience with Safran Risk Manager (SRM) or similar software
- Experience with Deltek Cobra or similar EVMS software
- Experience with PowerBI
- Experience with designing new project management tools