Senior Computer Vision Algorithm Engineer
The Computer Vision and Remote Sensing Group at Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) is looking for applied scientists and engineers to join our team operating at the forefront of Computer Vision technology applied to satellite imagery. Our group collaborates with world-renowned university researchers to find innovative solutions to challenging real-world problems. We offer an exciting, relevant research career within a stable industry work environment with opportunities for professional growth and mentorship.
In this role, you will work in a team-oriented environment with other algorithm developers, applied scientists, and software developers to produce cutting-edge algorithms for 3D reconstruction, modeling, and scene understanding from satellite imagery.
Senior Computer Vision Algorithm Engineer Qualifications:
* US citizenship required (green card holders are not eligible for this position)
* Eligibility to apply for and hold a U.S. security clearance (selected applicants will undergo a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements at the time of employment)
* Strong 3D computer vision / multi-view geometry fundamentals
* Experience with computer vision techniques such as SfM, SLAM, object tracking, and multi-view reconstruction
* Solid mathematical background in linear algebra and probability theory
* Programming experience in Python and/or C++
* Team player able to communicate technical results effectively to others
Senior Computer Vision Algorithm Engineer Education and Experience Qualifications:
* M.S. Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar technical field with 7 years of relevant experience OR Ph.D. with 5 years of relevant experience
* Please see our similar career postings in the Computer Vision and Remote Sensing group for other experience levels (Staff, Mid-Level)
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/
* 7 year(s): Relevant Work Experience
* Masters or better in Computer Science or related field
* Doctorate or better in Computer Science or related field
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)