Business Development Manager, Oligo/Peptide Discovery
The incumbent will uncover and cultivate business relationships and opportunities to generate revenue with prospective and existing clients for STA Pharmaceutical, a WuXi AppTec company, in particular to support the growth of emerging Discovery oligonucleotide and peptide (O&P) Contract Development and Manufacture (CDMO) business. The candidate will work closely together with the U.S. and Europe business development (BD) teams to pursue new business leads; follows up on critical issues and aides in resolving customer inquiries. Assists marketing in delivering content and driving success of new and existing services. This position will report to the Director of Business Development, Oligo/Peptide and will help to support Discovery O&P BD efforts in North America.
- Prospects for oligo and peptide new drug development companies who would benefit from services WuXi Chemistry Discovery Services
- Uncover and cultivate business relationship and opportunities to generate revenue with prospective and existing O&P clients for WuXi Chemistry
- Develop, grow and maintain key accounts for Discovery O&P in WuXi Chemistry
- Achieve PO targets for key accounts and new accounts
- Obtains conferences and meetings to present STA Discovery services to prospective and existing clients via email, phone, and web-conferencing systems.
- Acts upon, refers and follows-up on leads from both sales and marketing campaigns.
- Increase awareness of STA’s marketing initiatives including scheduling meetings for tradeshows and driving registrations for webinars and seminars.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends, funding, regulatory influence, mergers and acquisitions, in-out licensing of products/technologies, government/private grants and contacts, new drug development and approvals, related patent grants and notifications, market growth of small, med, and large cap companies.
- Develops a social network of industry related contacts via LinkedIn and other social networking platforms.
- Strategizes quarterly business development plans and benchmarks performance for continued success.
- Proposes new ideas and strategies to increased performance and drive personal and team goals.
- Documents information in Client Relationship Management (CRM) including: contacts, pre-screened/qualified leads, and new account information as required
- PhD in Chemistry is ideal. Will consider Master's with some industry experience.
- 1+ year’s relevant experience working in oligo or peptide new drug development or CRO/CMO industry (Oligo preferred)
- Must be a self starter, self-motivated, highly flexible, with excellent communications skills (verbal, written, and presentation skills). Must be organized and detailed-oriented.
- Ability to perform within a professional environment and use judgment as dictated by complexity of situation.
- Ability to accomplish the described duties through the use of appropriate computer equipment and software (i.e Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and CRM) is required