Inflatable Design Engineer
The Analytical Solutions Division (ASD) of Applied Research Associates (ARA), Inc., has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Inflatable Design Engineer working from our Huntsville, AL facility. The potential candidate will provide innovative computer aided design and modeling of inflatable systems. This position will provide oversight and input to manufacturing teams, ensuring the accuracy and quality of all systems.
The ideal candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of the computer aided design and modeling software used in the creation of inflatable systems. He/she will be responsible to identify and evaluate new manufacturing technologies and integrate innovative materials and process improvements. The position requires in-depth knowledge of industrial cutting, sewing and joining operations. He/she will apply analytical, evaluative, and constructive expertise to meet the critical deadlines assigned. A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent and 2 to 4 years of related experience is required.
* Lead design meetings with technical staff
* Provide technical briefings and updates to staff and leadership
* Assist project teams in preparing presentations and demonstrations
* Provide proposal development support
* Ability to manage and prioritize numerous assignments
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Highly proficient with Patternsmith and Rhino software
* Skilled in Microsoft Office applications
* Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent
* 2 to 4 years of related (technical environment) experience in the design and creation of inflatable systems
* US citizen with ability to obtain a SECRET clearance
* Active / current SECRET Clearance from the US Department of Defense
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 1600 professionals. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
At ARA, employees are our greatest assets. The corporation realizes that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. ARA gives its employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as owners. The culture is challenging; innovation and experimentation are the norm. Employees are eligible for contributions which not only add to the company’s success, but also their own through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please visit our website at www.ara.com.
Please apply at www.careers.ara.com for the Inflatable Design Engineer position.
* 2 - 4 years: Relevant work experience
* Bachelors or better
* Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
* Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
* Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
* Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
* Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
* Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
* Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
* Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
* Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
* Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
* Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)