Electrician / Maintenance Technician
Analytical Solutions Division (ASD) of Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) is seeking a full time Electrician / Maintenance Technician to join our team in Huntsville, AL. This person will be responsible for supporting building electrical infrastructure, machine repair, and fabrication. This candidate will install commercial electrical circuits, repair machinery and aid assembly teams in the building of mechanical prototypes from drawings, work instructions, schematics, rough sketches, and/or verbal instructions. The right candidate will install and maintain a variety of complex manufacturing equipment, working independently or assisting engineers and other shop personnel. Must be a licensed electrician with familiarity in the installation of electrical conduit, pulling wire, and connecting circuits to building electrical systems. Safely utilize tools and hardware using standard fabrication shop practices. A high school diploma or equivalent, with technical school or an apprenticeship and six to seven years of experience are required.
* Capable of electrical installations
* Must have familiarity with mechanical systems and safe work practices
* Safely utilize tools and hardware using standard fabrication shop practices
* Ability to read technical manuals - including blueprints and schematics
* Coordinates with engineering staff and project managers on technical modifications required
* Ensure compliance with OSHA and corporate quality standards
* Licensed electrician in the state of Alabama
* Ability to obtain and maintain a minimum of a SECRET clearance from the US Department of Defense
* US Citizenship
* High School diploma or GED equivalent with technical school/apprenticeship and six to seven years of experience are required
* Active / current SECRET Clearance from the US Department of Defense
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 1700 professionals. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
At ARA, employees are our greatest assets. The corporation realizes that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. ARA gives its employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as owners. The culture is challenging; innovation and experimentation are the norm. Employees are eligible for contributions which not only add to the company’s success, but also their own through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please visit our website at www.ara.com.
Please apply at www.careers.ara.com for the Electrician/Maintenance Technician position.
* 6 - 7 years: Relevant work experience
* High School or better
* Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
* Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
* Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
* Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
* Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
* Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
* Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
* Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)