Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Chemical Biology
We are searching for a high-caliber Research Associate who has experience with modern molecular biology, genetic engineering, and chemical analysis. The ideal candidate is excited to solve scientific questions, interested in discovering new therapeutics, and energized by working with a dynamic, data-driven team. We would like team members to be thoughtful, meticulous, well-organized, team-oriented, and fully engaged in the execution of the workflow.
- Participate actively in Hexagon’s drug discovery efforts
- Assist in and learn new laboratory operations and techniques
- Manage multiple ongoing workflows that include preparing and processing reagents, materials, and samples
- Maintain accurate and meticulous records of experimental protocols and data
- Uphold a professional, safe and efficient work environment
- Further, develop your career through scientific presentation and mentorship by senior staff
- BSc or MSc in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical biology, microbiology, molecular biology, or a related discipline with 1+ years of relevant experience in an industrial or academic setting
- Experience with designing and executing a variety of high throughput, automated molecular biology, and strain engineering workflows
- Experience with isolating and characterizing novel compounds produced in microbial cultures generated by our engineered strains using LCMS/NMR is desired but not required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment and prioritize responsibilities
- Outstanding multitasker with a strong desire to learn new skills
- Excellence in written and verbal communication
- Ability to work at Menlo Park, CA location
What We Offer:
- A flexible and dynamic work environment, where you pave your own path; Hexagon cultivates the unique strengths of employees at all levels and provides mobility across departments.
- Weekly “All Hands Meetings” provide an opportunity to share company and team updates. These meetings are rooted in our value of transparency and designed to foster a culture of collaboration, curiosity, and open communication.
- Discretionary paid time-off policy & paid holidays
- Competitive compensation and a robust benefits package: a comprehensive suite of medical, dental, and vision insurance plans through TriNet, which offers additional voluntary benefits (pet insurance, accident insurance, home & auto insurance, and more).
- Equity and a 401(k) plan.
- Rapid career advancement for driven performers.
- Access to scientific conferences all over the country, throughout the year.
- A range of amenities, courtesy of the Menlo Park Labs business park including shuttle, gym, rock-climbing wall, pool, sports courts, cafe, bike lockers, and free EV charging stations.
- Opportunities to engage with the Hexagon community through team-building events like our monthly Hexagon Happy Hour and holiday parties.
Hexagon Bio is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.