Intermediate Game Programmer
Are you passionate about video games? Want to create software that makes a difference? At the Virtual Heroes Division of Applied Research Associates, our goal is to improve your safety, security, and way of life. Join us!
We are looking for dedicated, hard-working programmers with a passion for using game technology to develop state-of-the-art training applications. You will be a key member of a team that is solving real-world problems for customers in the military, medical, commercial, and intelligence industries. Ideal candidates will have broad programming experience on one or more published/deployed projects. You must be able to serve multiple projects simultaneously with agility, poise, and focus.
Our games are award-winning, reflecting the creativity, dedication, and vision of every member of our studio. You can be part of our team!
Why Work For Us?
* The opportunity to make a real impact. Virtual Heroes has been making quality serious games for over 18 years. Everyone who works here is important, from new faces to those who have worked here since the beginning. Your contribution matters—you won’t be just a number!
* Flexible, reasonable hours. We encourage all employees to have a good work/life balance. We do not believe in burning you out! We invest in our people and want you to be happy with us for the long haul.
* Outstanding benefits:
+ Annual performance bonuses and raises
+ Generous company-provided retirement contributions
+ Available health benefit plans include medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, and pet insurance
o Coverage for eligible dependents is available, including domestic partner
+ Company-paid life and disability insurance and employee assistance program (EAP)
+ 9 paid holidays per year, which can be moved to accommodate employee preference
+ Paid personal leave starting at 3.5 weeks per year with an annual rollover provision
+ Paid bereavement, jury duty and military leave
+ Rewards & Recognition Services including service awards and employee discounts
+ Professional development opportunities, such as tuition reimbursement for continuing education and professional memberships.
+ Wide range of professional training and learning opportunities plus unlimited access to Learning Management System (Cornerstone/LinkedIn Learning)
+ Fully paid relocation
+ For additional information, please visit our benefits page at https://www.ara.com/benefits/.
Intermediate Game Programmer Requirements:
* Candidates selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
* BS (or higher) in Computer Science, Game Development, or a similar discipline and at least 5 years of relevant professional experience OR 11 years of relevant experience, for talented candidates without a degree
* Experience coding with at least one game engine
* C++ experience and demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices
Preference to applicants with one or more of the following:
* Experience with the Unreal Engine
* Experience working on multi-discipline teams (art, design, QA, programmers)
* Knowledge of the art side of game development
* Experience developing multiplayer game/training applications
* Experience with mobile platform development (iOS, Android)
* Experience with databases (MySQL, sqlite, spatialite)
* Experience with 3^rd party library integration
* Experience with VR development
* Experience with AR development
Intermediate Game Programmer Additional Requirements:
Please provide a resume that includes a link to code samples.
At Virtual Heroes, we leverage simulation and digital-games-based paradigms to create applications that teach critical skills. As a division of Applied Research Associates (ARA), we work with scientists and engineers of many disciplines and diverse backgrounds to enhance the creativity and innovation of the mission-critical solutions we provide to our customers.
ARA is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems. Founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979, ARA currently employs over 1700 professionals and is rapidly growing. Our culture supports our exceptional staff of valued employees and encourages professional growth through continued higher education, participation and publication at technical conferences, and membership in professional organizations. As an ARA employee you are encouraged to generate new ideas and bring those ideas to life. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please visit our website at http://careers.ara.com.
* 5 year(s): Relevant Work Experience
* Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)