Research Assistant II - Disney Lab
Research Assistant II with a strong background in nucleic acids, biochemistry, and molecular biology. Under minimal supervision, independently and in collaboration with others perform research and conduct a wide variety of standard laboratory procedures for projects; analyze data and interpret results; investigate, troubleshoot, and modify methods and procedures as necessary.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Design and preparation (from chemical synthesis or in vitro transcription) of RNA constructs
- Optimize and execute enzymatic assays with proteins that process RNAs
- Cloning of RNA and protein constructs for expression in bacteria and mammalian cells
- Forced expression and isolation of proteins in mammalian cell lines
- Execute and analyze cell-based assays, including RT-qPCR, Western blotting, and luciferase reporters
- Work in an interdisciplinary environment and gain experience
- Documentation / maintenance of laboratory notebook
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Commensurate with experience.
A bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of experience; a master’s degree and two or more years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with horizontal and vertical electrophoresis (DNA and RNA), PCR, biochemical assays (using plate readers, for example) and bacterial and mammalian cell culture, as well as other molecular biology and biochemical techniques are highly desirable.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
To be considered for this position, applicants must upload a cover letter and resume.
Please provide names and email addresses of three to five references as part of the application process. When ready, the hiring department will contact the listed references via email requesting their reference letters to be uploaded directly to the application website.
This position is open until filled. Application review will begin immediately.
This is a time-limited position.
To apply for this position, visit https://jobs.ufl.edu/ Job number for this vacancy is <523924> and the deadline date to apply is open until filled. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call (352) 392-2HRS or the Florida Relay System at (800) 955-8771 (TDD).
The University of Florida is an equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. The University of Florida invites all qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The University of Florida is a public institution and subject to all requirements under the Florida Sunshine and Public Records laws.
REQ # 523924