Lab Admin Coordinator III - Jupiter, FL
This position provides administrative support to the UF Scripps Biomedical Core Research centers which includes monitoring overall revenue/expense structure, prepares monthly core billings to internal and external users, processes all internal journal entries which allocates to internal users of Core, provides ongoing administrative support to Core Directors including procurement, calendar support and travel support/reimbursements. Performs administrative and clerical support for the acquisition of goods and services.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Core Billings: Develop an understanding of the UF Scripps Research Core revenue/expense structure – and prepare monthly core billings to internal and external users. In collaboration with UF finance colleagues, prepare necessary journal entry for internal customers.
- Core Lab Support: Work with various office on campus, such as: preparation and submission of Pos for lab ordering with Procurement, Payroll Department, and completion of timesheets, working with IT services/Telecom for network and audio-visual needs, working with Facilities and Resources for repairs, installations, engineering needs and scheduling with Environmental Health & Safety for lab member training and biosafety.
- Core Recruitment and Onboarding New Hires: Planning travel, agendas, lunches, and accommodations for job candidates. Working closely with Human Resources and, if necessary, the International Office for visa requirements to onboard new employees in a timely and efficient manner.
- Core Director Travel and Reimbursements: Arrange and coordinate travel for PI to scientific meetings, both domestic and international. Submit and follow-up on status to ensure that reimbursements are completed promptly.
- Seminars/Conferences: Coordinate logistics of guest speakers to Institute-wide events, such as annual seminar series and/or annual conferences. This would including arranging conference room logistics, travel details, creating an agenda for meetings with Faculty, advertisement of the event, budgeting, catering, and reimbursements.
- Other duties as assigned
Commensurate with experience.
High school diploma or equivalent and five years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Bachelors degree
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Prioritize multiple tasks, work under pressure with shifting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Be self-directed and work with minimal oversight.
- Collaborate in team environment, convey positive work ethic, maintain diplomatic and respectful interactions with individuals at all levels and backgrounds.
- Maintain confidentiality and use discretion when dealing with sensitive issues and information.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLIANTS:
This is a full-time staff position that comes with a full benefits package. If eligible, employees can also receive tuition assistance through the Employee Education Program. To learn more about our Benefits.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume. To learn more about UF Scripps Biomedical Research, please click on the link: UF Scripps Biomedical Research.
Please provide names and email addresses of three to five references as part of the application process. When ready, the hiring department will contact the listed references via email requesting their reference letters to be uploaded directly to the application website.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
This position is open until filled. Application review will begin immediately.
This is a time-limited position.
To apply for this position, visit https://jobs.ufl.edu/ Job number for this vacancy is <524218> and the deadline date to apply is <open until filled>. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call (352) 392-2HRS or the Florida Relay System at (800) 955-8771 (TDD).
The University of Florida is an equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. The University of Florida invites all qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The University of Florida is a public institution and subject to all requirements under the Florida Sunshine and Public Records laws.
REQ # 524218