Business Admin Specialist III - Jupiter, FL
This position works in the UF Scripps Biomedical Research shared services center (SSC) to provide oversight and coordination of the administrative and fiscal operations, which may include fiscal, human resources, commitment accounting or grants processes. This includes providing guidance to end users and acting as a subject matter expert for the relevant systems functionality. Performs administrative and clerical support for the acquisition of goods and services. This position also facilitates advancing service delivery and efficiency by reviewing current processes for efficiency and effectiveness and exploring innovative solutions. Responsible for building relationships with the units served, supervising the daily transactions of the SSC, and supporting a culture centered on delivering excellent customer service. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Finance Transaction Processing: Responsible for analyzing, preparing, and entering both routine and complex transactional activities including fiscal, human resources, commitment accounting and grants processing. Examples include processing personnel reimbursements and payroll. Reconciles and approves purchasing transactions. Reviews and researches transactions to provide information as requested. Researches, analyzes, and resolves complex accounts transaction problems. Will work frequently with the accounting team, laboratory administrators, principal investigators, the Office of Sponsored Programs, and the Controller’s Office to provide administrative and clerical support for the successful acquisition of goods and services.
- Fiscal Operations & Financial Support: Analyzes financial operational problems and implements appropriate resolutions. Assists with monitoring budgetary performance of various operational and scientific laboratories such as tracking/reconciling certain accounts and initiating follow-up discussions with specific functional areas regarding budget variances. Oversees and ensures the full procure to pay lifecycle is completed. Interprets, explains and applies complex policies and procedures while monitoring compliance with UF, State, and Federal regulations. Serves as a resource and effective liaison to internal and external constituents and customers. Maintains transactional databases and records.
- Administrative Operations: Assists with the administration of department operations and projects. Assists in analyzing and evaluating business processes and recommends actions to streamline processes and systems used for processing transactions and other relevant areas for continuous quality improvement. Maintains relationships with college and university core offices as well as units served by the SSC. Monitor’s delivery levels and quantity/quality of service delivery.
Commensurate with experience.
High school diploma or equivalent and five years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, including researching and analyzing complex data.
- Understand and practice excellent customer service.
- Possess a professional attitude which is conveyed in all interactions, communications, and appearance. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, administrative staff, and other campus departments.
- Work well in a team environment. Ability to take ownership of the resolution of problems, be flexible and accountable, manage conflicting responsibilities, prioritize tasks, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently. Strong people and team management skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with university and state regulations regarding human resources, and fiscal and budget matters.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
To be considered for this position, applicants must upload a cover letter and resume.
Please provide names and email addresses of three to five references as part of the application process. When ready, the hiring department will contact the listed references via email requesting their reference letters to be uploaded directly to the application website.
This position is open until filled. Application review will begin immediately.
This is a time-limited position.
To apply for this position, visit https://jobs.ufl.edu/ Job number for this vacancy is <524214> and the deadline date to apply is open until filled. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call (352) 392-2HRS or the Florida Relay System at (800) 955-8771 (TDD).
The University of Florida is an equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. The University of Florida invites all qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The University of Florida is a public institution and subject to all requirements under the Florida Sunshine and Public Records laws.
REQ # 524214