2023 Summer Intern - Strategic Analytics & Intelligence - Data Analytics
Strategic Analytics and Intelligence Overview
CMG (Commercial, Medical and Government Affairs) plays a crucial role in bringing Genentech's therapies to our customers by transforming our scientific innovations into changes in the practice of medicine that enhance and extend patients' lives. The development and implementation of commercial strategies involves collaboration across a variety of teams with dedicated expertise.
Our Strategic Analytics & Intelligence (SAI) team isn’t just deciphering data. We’re here to help solve the world’s most complex healthcare challenges and improve the lives of patients. With a mix of competitive intelligence, market research, data analytics, access, field analysis, and forecasting, SAI unlocks key insights for our internal partners that ultimately benefit healthcare providers and patients. Even if you’ve never worked in biotech, you’ll establish yourself as an expert alongside other specialists. Plus, you can gain new experiences across marketing disciplines, therapeutic areas, and commercial operations. The entire time, you’ll be surrounded by a diverse and inclusive team that aims to reflect the world we serve.
Your key responsibilities
As a Data Analytics Intern in SAI, you will be a strategic thought partner to key stakeholders and an integral contributor to Genentech’s Commercial Medical and Government Affairs (CMG) planning efforts. You will be responsible for providing strategic insights leveraging capabilities in secondary data analytics.
In this role, you will apply your expertise in mining complex data sets such as syndicated sales, promotional and marketing data, longitudinal patient level data, payer data and other non-commercial data sets to develop strategic analysis compliantly. Based On project type, You will leverage your technical skills (eg. Python, PySpark and SQL), statistical skills (eg. regression analysis, T-tests, p-values, clustering, experimental design) or learn other skill sets to guide decision making on complex healthcare challenges through storytelling with data.
Responsibilities and requirements for each position will vary depending on function and current level of experience.
Who you are (Preferred Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline: Business, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer or Physical Sciences or related field (completed)
- Graduate-level degree (ongoing)
- 1-3 years of work experience prior to master degree / graduate school in analytics, consulting, finance, marketing, sales or drug development
- Deep expertise in Data Analytics, Operations Research or a related field
- Strong technical skills in Tableau, SQL, Python, Pyspark
- Competency in conducting/analyzing research and distilling down data into concise summaries focused on the key insights informing business decisions
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and think outside the box
- Demonstrated ability and experience in effectively interacting with team leaders/ managers
- Proven track record of leadership, time-management, project management, and teamwork
- Persuasive written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interest and experience in data science geared towards pharma/biotech/healthcare
- Demonstrated ability and experience in effectively interacting with senior leadership
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.