Traveling HVAC TAB/Cx Field Service Tech/ Engineer
We are looking for a full-time Field Service Engineer professional with experience in commissioning commercial building systems. As a small-medium sized business in the emerging energy efficiency and renewable energy space, our goal is to grow sales 30% per year and become a national leader. Our national network of engineers and technicians is unique in this field and provides a solid platform for future growth. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate exceptional communication and integrity while maintaining a high level of service excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide technical support to Customers and Contractors to rapidly and thoroughly resolve issues
• Make recommendations for potential service enhancements or modifications to meet the ever-changing needs of the customer base
• Provide technical support to customers and contractors.
• Perform system commissioning for commercial buildings including Air/Water Balance, Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) testing, Equipment start-up, and Quality Assurance (QA) testing
• Install and/or commission control systems for commercial kitchen ventilation.
• Write technical reports at project completion for submission to customers
• Any other job duties as assigned
• 100%+ overnight travel required (regional, national or international)
• Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university preferred
• Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Electrical and Controls experience required
• Mechanical experience preferred
• NEBB, AABC, TABB & NBC certified is a plus
• Mechanical, electrical, and controls knowledge required
• Superior Customer Service Skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High emotional intelligence, positive attitude, and a servant-leadership philosophy
• High attention to detail, follow-up, multi-tasking, and conflict resolution
• Able to demonstrate a high level of integrity and a penchant for high quality
• Must possess a strong work ethic and a high level of self-accountability
• Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, contractors, and customers
• OSHA 10 or 30 Hour training preferred
• Bilingual (Spanish speaking) would be beneficial
• Must pass a driving record check
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires ability to walk, climb, stand, carry materials, stoop, kneel, bend at waist.
- Must be able to climb a minimum 30 foot ladder
- Maximum unassisted lift = 50 lbs. Average lift less than 20 lbs.
- Exposed to seasonal weather based on geographic region
- Exposed to moving parts and electricity that require safety protocols
- Exposure to varied travel conditions either driving or flying
- The travel required for this position is 100%.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Extreme Ownership - Takes personal responsibility for outcomes and perseveres in the face resistance or setbacks. Pursues everything with energy and drive.
- Subject Matter Expertise - Excels at his/her professional function, regularly demonstrating and sharing depth of knowledge and skills. Is a quick study.
- Clear & Candid Communication - Ensures that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed; has the courage to say what needs to be said.
- Building Collaborative Relationships- Cultivates trusting, respectful, professional relationships with colleagues and customers over time.
- Planning & Problem-Solving - Takes the steps necessary to deliver high quality results, on time and on budget.
- Continuous Improvement - Constantly seeks ways to improve the internal and external customer experience by delivering better, faster or less expensive products and services.
Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, EAP, FSA, FSA Dependent Care, and Wellness program. Life, short-term, and long-term disability company-sponsored plans.
Competitive pay, retention bonuses, employee-owned, 401K plan with match, paid time off, paid holidays, bereavement, jury duty, and tuition reimbursement.
- Travel The Country - 100% Travel
- Paid Training: Classroom, Online, & Field
- Become an Employee Owner
- Company Provided: Vehicle, Tools, Laptop/Tablet
- Hotel & Airfare Loyalty Points Are Yours to Keep
- Gain Experience with All Equipment Types & Nearly All OEMs
- Paid Travel & Overtime
- Company Credit Card for Travel Expenses
- Achieve Professional Certifications
- Clothing Stipend & Cell Phone Allowance Training & Retention Bonuses
- Weekends Home
- Independent Work Life
- Learn A High Demand Skill Set
- Practical Hands-On Experience
- Flexible Scheduling Plans