Intern/Co-op - Safety & Industrial Hygiene (2023)
An exciting career awaits you
At MPC, we’re committed to being a great place to work – one that welcomes new ideas, encourages diverse perspectives, develops our people, and fosters a collaborative team environment.
Marathon Petroleum Corp. (MPC) offers internship and co-op opportunities to high-performing college students who want meaningful hands-on experiences in their fields of study. The following core values guide MPC’s approach to doing business: health and safety; environmental stewardship; integrity; corporate citizenship; and diversity and inclusion. Interns and co-ops work side by side with experienced professionals as contributing members of diverse work teams who create value for the company’s shareholders. MPC believes that how we conduct our business is just as important as the bottom line.
Safety & Industrial Hygiene Interns/Co-ops are critical to ensuring that we maintain high standards for protecting people, the environment and the communities where we work and live. They support all areas of the business. Opportunities are available for interns/co-ops to receive training in various HES&S subject areas including Safety, Environmental, Health and Security.
Interns/Co-ops assist company professionals in implementing various health, safety, and security planning and compliance activities pertaining to the protection of human health and safety. Duties may include: facility audits; employee training programs; industrial hygiene; design and implementation of industrial hygiene equipment; equipment maintenance; participation in health safety and security projects; incident investigations; emergency preparedness and response; governmental inspections; compliance with government regulations; agency interactions and working as a liaison with other Marathon business units; and other safety and security related projects. Reports will be written and submitted for some projects.
- Desired majors are as follows: Occupational Safety & Health; Environmental Health; Industrial Hygiene; Fire Protection & Safety; Earth and Environmental Sciences; Industrial Security; other related fields of study.
- Strong academic performance
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US on a full-time indefinite basis without the need for employment visa sponsorship now or in the future.
- Positions are available spring, summer, and fall semesters.
- A valid driver's license is required (travel may be involved with some positions).
- Military experience a plus
- Concurrent enrollment in a degree seeking program
We hire for the following locations:
- Corporate: Findlay, OH or San Antonio, TX
- Refineries: Anacortes, WA; Canton, OH; Catlettsburg, KY; Detroit, MI; Dickinson, ND; El Paso, TX; Garyville, LA; Kenai, AK; Los Angeles, CA; Mandan, ND; Robinson, IL; Salt Lake City, UT; St. Paul Park, MN; and Texas City, TX (Galveston Bay)
- Other field locations
As an energy industry leader, our career opportunities fuel personal and professional growth.