Water Resources Engineer II
RES is looking for a Water Resources Engineer II with 3-5 years of relevant work or educational experience.
The mission: Manage and/or lead stream and wetland restoration projects stormwater management design plans. Ability to lead or assist with feasibility and concept development for stream and wetland restoration plans or stormwater management plans. Ability to manage multiple projects and associated tasks, prioritize tasks, and utilize available staff to complete tasks based on project/task priorities and deadline. Communicate directly with clients and internal teams on the project's schedule and technical design. Ability to communicate and coordinate within multi-disciplinary teams for the ultimate success and completion of a project. Has experience in a variety of geographic regions.
What your day-to-day might look like?
50% of the time, you will be modeling and designing!
Using AutoCAD, GIS and/or other hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software, you will be developing hydrologic and hydraulic models and interpreting results from associated models.
You will be responsible for various water resources tasks and projects associated with stream crossings, scour analyses, stormwater systems, floodplain studies, and erosion/sediment control. You will also be preparing mitigation, stormwater, and/or grading and construction plans and designing and sizing various BMPs according to jurisdictional design standards.
50% of the time you will be performing data site visits and site recon/assessment - occasional travel is required!
We would love to talk to you if you have any of the following:
- Bachelors or master’s degree in engineering with a water resources or environmental focus.
- 5 to 10 years of experience with stormwater management, floodplain management and/or stream and wetland design.
- Experience with AutoCAD/AutoCAD Civil 3D, TR-55, HEC-RAS/HMS, XPSWMM and GIS
- Advanced knowledge of stream geomorphology, physicochemical processes, stream hydraulics, aquatic ecology, & sediment transport.
- Advanced knowledge of basic civil site design fundamentals.
What will make you stand out?
- PE License in the states of North Carolina and South Carolina.
- Progressive experience in stormwater management, floodplain management, and/or other water resources activities.
- Exposure to surveying techniques, stream natural channel design, and wetland restoration design.
- Direct experience with Federal/State/Local environmental regulations and staff.
Who is RES: We are the nation’s largest and most experienced provider of ecological restoration and water resource solutions. To date, we have restored over 294 stream miles and 58,000 wetland acres, in addition to conserving and preserving 9,100 acres of endangered species habitats. RES operations include planting over 14,000,000 restorative trees and reducing over 250 tons of polluting nutrients. RES ecological solutions enable a balance of economic development and ecological sustainability.
Our culture: Working for RES means having a career that truly makes an impact and a job that helps make nature and communities better. Our people share a deep interest and passion for sustainability and ecological restoration. As an ever-growing company, we cultivate entrepreneurship, flexibility, and collaboration while taking a bold approach to project development. We foster a team environment while enriching individual growth.