RES is accepting applications for an Ecologist II or III with 3+ years for our Athens or Forsyth, GA office.
The mission: Support our clients and operations teams with knowledgeable ecological consulting and high-quality project delivery across a variety of ecosystem restoration projects.
What your day-to-day might look like?
You will be planning, performing, and sometimes supervising field assessments, including
- Wetland delineations/ stream assessments
- Mitigation monitoring,
- Feasibility assessments of potential restoration projects
- Endangered species and habitat surveys
- Benthic macroinvertebrate and fish surveys
- Vegetation assessments
Please be advised that we perform these tasks come rain or come shine and working outside in harsh and adverse weather conditions (including both cold and hot environments) is part of the routine. You will also be walking long distances, bending, lifting heavy objects (up to 50 lbs), and performing other physical activities. Occasionally, some of our projects require extensive travel with overnight stays.
You will be performing data entry, analysis, and processing, as well as technical writing based on your field efforts. Superior writing, communication, computer skills (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and attention to detail are paramount! You will be responsible for preparing reports, figures, technical report documentation and elements of regulatory documents for the establishment and maintenance of mitigation projects.
We would love to talk to you if you have many of the following:
- BA/BS in an environmental science field such as, but not limited to, ecology, wetland science, aquatic biology, botany, wildlife biology, fisheries, soils, hydrology, etc.
- Experience performing wetland delineations/ stream assessments
- Experience with benthic macroinvertebrate surveys
- Experience in geomorphology data collection and processing.
- Strong working knowledge of plant identification and vegetation in the southeast
- Experience working with federal and state resource and regulatory agency personnel and various permitting processes
- Experience with Trimble GPS units, ArcGIS, and/or other ESRI data collection software.
What will make you stand out?
- MS in an applicable environmental science field
- Experience leading a field team and planning projects
- Certifications such as CERP, PWS, or permits for threatened/endangered species collection
- Ability to operate a UTV, Tractor, and experience towing trailers