Accounting Analyst II - Hybrid
Applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
This position may be considered for a hybrid work arrangement based on ALLETE’s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the employees position will be a blend of work performed both in-person and at an offsite location such as an employee's home office. This position will report to Duluth, MN.
- Prepares, reviews, and analyzes accounting and financially related data reports and processes for ALLETE and its affiliates.
- Contributes to SEC reporting process including preparing and reviewing filings, completing disclosure checklists, and ensuring compliance with internal controls.
- Complies with accounting standards to assure conformity with generally accepted accounting principles as they apply to a publicly traded company, government rules and regulations, and Company guidelines and procedures.
- Participates in the design, implementation, maintenance and documentation of new and/or existing accounting or financial planning systems.
- Provides accounting, analytical or regulatory support for regulated and non-regulated business entities and affiliates.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting strongly preferred, but an equivalent degree with applicable accounting course work may be considered
- Four years or more job related work experience*
*Master’s degree or certification as a Certified Public Accountant will be considered as one year of experience
- Requires excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills to establish and maintain relationships.
- Experience working in public accounting or in a publicly traded company strongly preferred
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
This job posting will be available for application until the position has been filled OR the posting close date noted herein, whichever date is earlier.
ALLETE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.