Supervisor, T&D Line Operations
Applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
- Provides leadership, supervision, direction, and training to line crews and contractors.
- Allocates resources (people, equipment, and material) to meet project needs during daily work assignments, system outages, and emergency situations.
- Manage on-site coordination of field activities of Minnesota Power’s line construction personnel and contractors to ensure safety, quality, cost effectiveness, and timely completion of capital and maintenance projects.
- Work as collaborative team member with ability to seek and execute prompt solutions.
- Ability to successfully manage a broad and diverse scope of responsibilities.
- Requires appropriate delegation and management skills to supervise crews that are often located in remote areas many miles apart.
- High school graduate or equivalent, PLUS additional courses completed in electricity related to overhead/ underground transmission and distribution construction/maintenance, or associated electrical/mechanical/civil/structural engineering courses.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical, civil, or structural engineering.
- Eight years or more experience, including three years or more experience supervising internal/external Line Crews AND five years or more experience with high voltage electrical energy projects, including overhead transmission facilities.
- High voltage renewable projects involving solar or wind generation.
- Transmission structural engineering experience or high voltage line worker experience.
- Project management of high voltage construction projects
- Experience in MS Project and Primavera.
- This position will report regularly in person to Duluth, MN.
- High level of computer proficiency.
- Highly skilled with MS Office products and industry specific software applications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to establish and maintain working relationships.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOT Medical Certificate.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
This job posting will be available for application until the position has been filled OR the posting close date noted herein, whichever date is earlier.
ALLETE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.