Associate Application Engineer
Grundfos North America is seeking an Associate Application Engineer (Associate Front Line Engineer) to join its Industry (IND) Customer Sales Support Center (CSSC) team.
The CSSC Associate Front Line Engineer will contribute to a thriving sales team whilst delivering world class customer services through various Customer channels i.e. telephone, E-mail, live chat, instant messaging etc. Provide first Customer contact resolution on inquiries which can be resolved quickly (as predefined by company guidelines) and decide on the further processing of business transactions based on defined processes. Provide timely and effective quotations, technical advice, and Order Entry related support to Customers and sales teams.
This position reports directly to the CSSC Supervisor and will operate on a hybrid schedule out of any of our US locations: Lenexa, KS, Brookshire, TX, Fresno, CA or Allentown, PA. Relocation for this position cannot be supported and qualified candidates must have authorization to work in the USA without support.
At Grundfos, we dare to do things that others cannot or dare not do. Our skills commit us to pioneer solutions to the world’s water and climate challenges and improve the quality of life for people. We believe innovation is not only a business opportunity, but an obligation. And what really matters to us is not short-term profit, but the impact we make. By becoming part of our united, powerful team, yo u too can drive this change no matter your role.
What is the job about?
The CSSC Associate Front Line Engineer will:
- Provide technical advice on Customer inquiries which the employee can resolve within about 20 minutes, by email, telephone, live chat, instant messaging etc.
- Provide standard pricing and delivery information and create processed offers.
- Size and select pumps, service parts, and accessories for new and existing applications.
- Provide installation support for purchased pumps.
- Troubleshoot basic pump problems for installed pumps.
- Create tickets, e.g. RFI (request for information), RFQ (request for quotation) and OEW (order entry workflow), for own processing or for forwarding to the appropriate groups;
- Track offers according to specifications (e.g. sales guidelines).
- Follow up on Customer interactions within set Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Identify business opportunities and handover to external sales.
- Provide order and delivery status to Customers.
- Assist Customers with order progression and supply chain issues.
- Manage Customer order changes (lead time, shipping conditions, quantity, postponements, rejection, cancellation) and interaction with External Sales, Finance and the Supply Chain.
- Record Customer complaints.
- Promote digital tools towards customers using templates (Grundfos Product Center, Grundfos Express Suite, MyGrundfos, Extranet, online return forms).
- Support in executing ad hoc tasks in CSSC such as pricing, master data, approval workflow, digital tools, etc.
What do you need to apply?
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field (Mechanical preferred but not required). Additionally, have a minimum of 1-3 years’ experience.
Or an Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school with 3-5 years of previous technical customer service experience.
- Experience working in the technical, pump or similar industry is preferred but not essential.
- Fundamental pump product and application knowledge is an advantage.
- Relevant customer service and administrative experience, organizational skills & accountability with the Customer.
- Knowledge of business structure, products and key market needs to create a successful Customer centric experience.
- In-depth knowledge of customer service software and databases (SAP CRM/SD/MM preferred).
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Good communication and networking skills together with the ability to build strong and trusting relationships with both Internal and External Stakeholders.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Must work effectively in a team environment.
- Can listen carefully to determine customer needs.
If you would like to dig deeper into the Grundfos universe, please visit us on LinkedIn or YouTube.
We look forward to hearing from you.