Wellbore Data Co-Op
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for a motivated individual to fill an intern position of Well Servicing Analyst. The position will be supporting Permian Operations from a West Texas location with a minimum of 20 hours per week.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Candidate will be a part of the Well Servicing process in which he or she inputs well servicing data into specialized software resulting from well servicing work performed in the field.
- Candidate may be given additional projects needed to support well work activities.
- Functions of this position may require travel to various Oxy corporate, business, and/or field locations, and may also require periods of remote work from the candidate’s home-based office in West Texas.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be self-starter to work independently and in groups
- Must be able to perform some of the work during core business hours 8am – 4pm weekdays
- Highly motivated with lots of initiative
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong computer skills and ability to type by touch
- Skilled with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Comfortable learning new computer software
- Candidate must be able to sit for long periods of time, lift at least 30 pounds over their head
- When working from home a high-speed home internet connection must be available and a cellphone which may be used for business purposes
Additional Desired Skills:
- Oil & Gas industry terminology
- Well servicing experience/terminology
- Strong analytical skills for information or data processing
- Possess at least a basic understanding of how databases are structured and function
Benefits of Performing this Role
- Acquire basic knowledge of Oil and Gas well servicing operations
- Acquire basic knowledge of industry standards
- Improve analytical skills
- Acquire advanced knowledge of well servicing data capture using well known commercial software.
- General knowledge of relational databases
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation.
Occidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Production/Operations Support
Primary Location United States-Texas-Houston