Entry-level Civil or Environmental Engineer
We are looking for an Entry-Level Civil or Environmental Engineer that will work with a variety of solid waste projects. You will involve design support for landfills and landfill gas systems, permitting, construction plans and construction oversight. You will include long field days at time, but the field will provide a great learning opportunity.
How you can make an impact
- Assist other staff in overseeing drilling activities involving probe and well installation, borehole logging, well development, well construction, monitoring, and sampling.
- Conduct and document construction quality assurance observations and similar construction inspections for compliance with design plans, specification, and construction documents.
- Complete quality control reviews on work products (reports, design plans, calculations, data, etc.) before submission to the Project or Task Manager.
- Work with the Project or Task Manager to coordinate with contractors, subcontractors, and clients.
- Compile data and help prepare portions of reports, progressing toward the ability to prepare complete reports, such as: environmental site assessment, emissions, monitoring, groundwater/soil investigation, compliance, and other project reporting.
- Help prepare permit applications and regulatory agency submittals and responses with supporting documentation as requested, including research of regulatory requirements.
- Compile data and prepare basic calculations for reports and to support design documents or other studies.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering is required.
- Minimum of 3 months of relevant environmental and/or engineering internship, work and/or research experience required.
- Valid Driver's License with a driving record in good standing is required.
Whether it's reducing methane emissions at agricultural facilities and landfills, repurposing contaminated properties, producing alternative energy, or sequestering carbon, we've been focused on finding smart climate solutions and improving the natural environment since our inception over 50 years ago. Join our 100% employee-owned firm and start creating your own legacy. As a growing firm, we offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive package, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K, and employer-funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Student Debt Employer Contribution Program
- Paid holidays and PTO
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact us about your interest in employment at email@example.com.