Vehicle Mechanical Engineer (6158)
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts with degrees from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer for our Vehicle Engineering Practice in Natick, MA. In this role you will work as part of a team to support existing consulting projects that involve the analysis of transportation of transportation accidents, mechanical failures, and the design of consumer and industrial products. You will have the opportunity to ultimately develop your own consulting practice and grow professionally within Exponent. We expect the individual to ultimately develop a specialized expertise in the automotive field such as the design and performance of existing or emerging automotive technology, or analysis and reconstruction of transportation accidents.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing projects from initiation to completion; communicating project updates to other team members, clients, and administrative staff; ensuring that Exponent meets its deadlines and produces exceptional work product; and indentifying business development opportunities
- Setting up and executing various test programs, including full-scale vehicle tests (crash, sled, and handling tests) and component or control systems evaluations
- Developing specialized expertise in the automotive field such as the design and performance of existing or emerging automotive technology, or analysis and reconstruction of transportation accidents
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering (or a M.S. and 2 years of experience) and knowledge of automotive systems or interest in vehicles and automotive systems
- Field and/or lab measurement experience with good hands-on skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of dynamics, mechanical design, and 3D CAD (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or Rhino3D preferred)
- P.E. license or the willingness to obtain a P.E. license
- Versatile, team-oriented, willing to work overtime and travel when required
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to synthesize technical information and present it to specialists and non-specialists alike
- Clear written communication and technical writing skills are required
- Proven dedication to quality and accuracy
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at HR-Accommodations@exponent.com.