Human Factors Scientist (6176)
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts with degrees from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Human Factors Scientist for our Human Factors Practice in Phoenix, AZ. In this role you will work as part of a team to consult on human performance issues related to a wide variety of scenarios involving driver behavior, pedestrian behavior and falls, occupational work, and consumer interactions with products, vehicle research, and consumer decision making.
You will be responsible for:
- Participating in a range of consulting activities that involve: analyzing human perceptual, cognitive, and response capabilities and limitations in accidents and the prevention of accidents
- Working on multi-disciplinary teams
- Providing project management for multiple projects at a given time, including managing budgets and deadlines; managing project teams; and performing support tasks for team members
- Conducting research to obtain and review technical data, scientific literature, and standards
- Communicating complex analyses clearly and succinctly to a non-technical audience
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Experimental or Cognitive Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Cognitive Science, or a related basic scientific psychology field
- Superior critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Strong record demonstrating your ability to design behavioral studies using a variety of human subjects and database research methods (e.g., survey, experimental, quasi-experimental, case study)
- Experience leading multiple scientific studies from start (i.e., design) to finish (i.e., communicating your results)
- Proficiency in statistics and the use of basic statistics software (e.g., Excel, SPSS, R)
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links.
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at HR-Accommodations@exponent.com.