Thermal Sciences Engineer/Associate (6192)
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts with degrees from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Thermal Sciences Engineer/Associate for our Thermal Sciences Practice in Los Angeles, CA. In this role, you will work as part of a team to investigate fires and explosions related to the manufacture, transportation, storage, and use of industrial chemicals and refined products.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting and conducting engineering investigations
- Assisting with project management
- Performing site inspections and collecting evidence
- Assigning and conducting standard test methods for chemical and physical analyses and interpreting results
- Performing computational analyses
- Conducting large-scale tests and recreating incidents
- Preparing written reports, proposals and presentations
- Presenting and defending technical work product
- Developing a marketing plan for business development
- Traveling domestically and internationally will likely be required
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Chemical, Petroleum, or Mechanical Engineering
- Qualifications for Professional Engineer licensure and/or Engineer-in-Training certification
- Process Simulation, computational modeling, and computer programming expertise
- Computational modeling expertise
- Expertise with standards, codes, and regulations
- Expertise in chemical process safety, process hazard analysis, and root cause analysis
- Expertise in the operation, inspection, and maintenance of chemical processing equipment
- Ability to gather information from and convey technical conclusions to individuals within the engineering, business, regulatory, and legal professions
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at HR-Accommodations@exponent.com.