Amazon Robotics - Project Engineer Co-op - Spring 2023
Project Engineer Co-Op
January - June 2023
Are you excited by robotics and the latest tech? Are you excited to be a part of Amazon's exciting growth? Do you like impacting tomorrow - today? Answer yes to any of these and you should be a part of the Robotics Deployment Engineering Team.
Amazon Robotics empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfillment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.
As a Robotics Deployment Engineer Co-Op for Amazon Robotics, you will collaborate with a talented team and dive into challenging technical problems to deliver Amazon’s leading edge robotics technologies in its fulfillment, transportation, and delivery network. This role requires a unique combination of engineering know how, problem solving, curiosity, innovation, leadership, and effective communication. You will remotely support the deployment team and in some cases travel to site. Your focus will be on finding unique and innovative ways, leveraging people, process and technology, to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of site deployments. You will excel at interfacing and delivering results with cross functional teams. Your projects are focused in North America that serve Amazon’s Fulfillment Transportation, and Delivery network.
This role is a 6 month co-op to join AR full time (40 hours/week) from Jan - June 2023. Amazon Robotics co-op opportunities will be based in the Greater Boston Area, in our two state-of-the-art facilities in Westborough and North Reading, MA. Both campuses provide a unique opportunity for interns to have direct access to robotics testing labs and manufacturing facilities.
• Collaborate and partner with business teams to define and solve problems that impact customers
• Dive deep on technical details and provide innovative solutions to resolve issues
• Able to identify technical deficiencies, resolve basic system problems, performing troubleshooting and root cause analysis
• Provide feedback to stakeholder that improve deployment efficiency and user experience
• Maintain and update knowledge repository, document best practices, reviewing and updating training documents
• Willingness to travel various Amazon sites if required
• Pursuing BS or MS in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or a related technical field
• Currently enrolled in College/University and must have at least one semester/term/quarter of school left to complete after the end of the co-op
• Must be eligible and available for a full-time (40h / week) 6-month co-op between Jan - June 2023
• Experience with technology including setup and configuration of software, hardware, and robotics projects
• Interest in hardware and software support during initial system deployment
• Ability to manage onsite relationships with internal and external teams during an on-site deployment
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating innovative problem solving skills
• Experience understanding and improving operational processes
• Experience working in environments like manufacturing, warehouses, or construction sites
• Cursory knowledge of networking and network topologies, such as routers, switches, and firewalls
• Technical skills including familiarity with Linux, Java, XML, python, SQL, and database administration (MySQL, Oracle, etc)
• Proficiency using tools like AutoCAD, MS Visio, SCADA and industrial automation software
• Self-motivated and able to solve problems independently and in team settings
• Comfort working as both part of a team and/or entirely as an independent performer
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Valid US driver license
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.