Synthetic Virology Intern
Sanofi’s Genomic Medicine Unit based in Waltham, MA is looking for a highly motivated candidate for a Co-op role to develop novel technological strategies for AAV capsid discovery. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in the Genomic Medicine Unit in identifying improved AAV capsids to enable gene therapy programs from early discovery research through development, in a variety of disease areas including neuromuscular, CNS, metabolic and renal.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with capsid engineering team to build molecular biology pipelines for novel AAV capsid discovery
- Implementation of multiple state-of-the-art techniques in molecular biology and biochemistry
- Analyze, interpret, and present experimental results at internal meetings.
- Maintain accurate records of experiments and analyses.
- Maintain effective communication with manager and other colleagues.
- Currently pursuing a 2 year Associates Degree, or BS/MS degree in biology, biomedical sciences or related fields
- Familiarity with standard molecular biology tools
- Excellent speaking, reading, and writing skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Curiosity and a willingness to work in team environment