Mechanical Field Engineer - Solar
The Field Engineer I will assist the Project Manager and Superintendent with the day-to-day operations of an assigned construction project. The Engineer I will be in the field and job locations will vary based on ongoing projects. The ability to travel and relocate to projects is essential to the success of this position.
MYRE is growing and working on renewable and solar energy projects throughout the U.S. Our growing team is both loyal and collaborative. We are committed to providing you with the tools and resources to support your growth as a valued employee and operate under a safety-first culture, to ensure we all go home safe every day.
You’ll get the opportunity to travel across the US, focusing on sustainability efforts, and helping our teams build the solar electrical infrastructure. You’ll spend 8-12 months on average per project, working a rotating schedule so you’ll have long weekends to relax in addition to standard Saturday & Sunday off. We offer designated weekly subsistence in addition to base pay to support and help you cover living expenses and relocation assistance.
- Review plans and specifications to develop and implement the quality plan
- Prepare a checklist of definable features of work that require quality inspections
- Assist with cost estimates and project scheduling as needed
- Ensure maintenance of accurate records
- Assist with the preparation of statements of work, submittals, change management, and necessary daily and weekly reporting
- Promote safety in construction operations and ensure compliance with safety requirements
- Inspect equipment, material, workmanship, and finished construction
- Check the progress of work in the field to ensure compliance with productivity and schedules
- Observe work in progress to ensure that procedures are followed, and the materials used conform to required specifications
- Develop and maintain quality control and assurance (QAQC) procedures
- Coordinate material/inventory monitoring and equipment tracking
- Assist crews with material, tooling, and equipment needs
- Assist project manager with client submittals and RFI's
- Communicate between office staff and field employees
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Essential functions of this position are to be performed in a Company-designated office or field location
- Other duties as assigned
- Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Mechanical or Civil Engineering, or a related field
- 0 to 2 years of experience in field construction management
- Ability to travel extensively for long periods of time
- Ability to read blueprints and interpret applicable construction documents
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Must enjoy working in an outdoor construction environment
- Thorough understanding of processes done in the field as well as in the office
WHAT WE OFFER
Compensation & Benefits
- Medical, Basic Vision, Regenexx, Teledoc, Hearing (Low deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums) - $15 weekly premium for employee or employee plus family coverage.
- Dental – 100% employer-paid premium.
- ThrivePass Health & Wellness Reimbursement Program - $250 quarterly, $1,000 annually for health and wellbeing-related purchases.
- Annual Paid Time Off starting at 15 days plus 10 paid Holidays (Cultural Celebration Day is a floating holiday).
- Generous 401(k) Plan with 100% match up to 6%; immediate vesting, and Annual profit-sharing potential.
- Superior educational assistance program (support for educational costs, internal training, and more!).
- Company-paid parental leave program including birth and adoption.
- Company-paid short and long-term disability, life, and accidental death & dismemberment.
- Company-paid business travel accident insurance.
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
- Various voluntary plans available including supplemental vision, accident, critical illness, ID theft, group legal, group auto & home, and additional voluntary life insurance plans for employees and dependents.
Position may be subject to pre-employment screening, which may include a background check and drug testing. Accessibility: If you need accommodation as part of the employment process, contact our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group, Inc. and our subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects our family of brands. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, or other protected characteristics. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
MYR Group does not sponsor applicants for work visas. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
MYR Group, Inc. and our subsidiaries do not work with any third-party recruiters or agencies without a valid signed agreement and partnership with the Corporate Talent Acquisition Team