Research Scientist, RNA Division
The RNA Research Division of New England Biolabs (NEB) invites applicants for the position of Research Scientist. Research will involve the discovery, characterization, and application of RNA modifying enzymes to enable epitranscriptomics research and modified RNA synthesis workflows. Research will be undertaken in a highly collaborative and academic environment where the publication of results is expected.
- Plan and conduct experiments to identify novel RNA modifying enzymes.
- Develop and implement enzyme assays to characterize RNA modifying enzymes.
- Design and develop innovative strategies to use the characterized enzymes in molecular biology, especially in the characterization of transcriptome-wide RNA modifications and enzymatic production of modified RNAs.
- Effectively communicate results to a larger scientific audience through conference attendance and departmental seminars.
- Write and publish articles in peer-reviewed journals.
- Ph.D. in biological sciences.
- Experience with analysis of deep sequencing data.
- Publication of original scientific work in high-quality journals.
- Strong work ethic, emphasizing both efficiency and quality of work.
- Track record of successful RNA research.
- Hands-on experience with enzyme characterization and nucleic acid biochemistry.
- Prior experience with protein expression and purification, while not required, is a plus.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative setting.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit your resume directly to us using either the job link in our Handshake job posting or via our company website at https://www.neb.com/about-neb/careers.