New England Biolabs (NEB) is inviting applicants for the position of Senior Buyer to support all aspects of supply planning and direct/indirect procurement. This position will be an integral part of the supply chain team, responsible for supporting production operations at multiple sites including a cGMP facility. With a focus on business process improvement and ERP system utilization, the supply chain team is quickly evolving to support the growing business requirements.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend appropriate primary suppliers and, when necessary, secondary suppliers, in collaboration with the Quality Assurance team.
- Track vendor performance and manage supplier scorecard process.
- Evaluate critical raw material workflow and determine optimal inventory levels.
- Manage planning and procurement process for assigned categories utilizing SAP.
- Issue purchase orders and schedule change orders in order to meet demand.
- Investigate and resolve payment discrepancies with vendors including inventory, receiving, and cost variances.
- Conduct negotiations to obtain best price, delivery, quality, specifications, and freight terms.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, promote quality, decrease inefficiencies in the supply chain, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively with internal and external partners.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in procurement.
- Possess strong negotiation skills.
- Understanding of production/supply planning and inventory control using MRP/ERP systems.
- Demonstrated influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to evaluate data and create value added analysis.
- Proven experience supporting process improvements.
- Able to be self-directed and multi-task, as well as the ability to excel in a collaborative environment.
- Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Solutions oriented; able to effectively diagnose and solve problems.
- Customer service skills required.
- Working knowledge of ISO quality standards.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience managing direct (production) and indirect (non-production) materials preferred.
- SAP experience preferred.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit your resume directly to us using either the job link in our Handshake job posting or via our company website at https://www.neb.com/about-neb/careers.