Transmission Development Program (CT)
The Transmission Development Program is a unique 12 month program designed to provide you with an opportunity for on the job training, while learning how the Transmission team plays a critical role in ensuring the various phases of transmission projects are completed safely, on time, in accordance with state and federal regulations, within budget and works to keep the communities where our projects are being constructed informed of project status and completion.
While you are “on-the-job training” we will also provide you with additional opportunities to:
· Learn about Eversource
· Learn more about how each area of transmission supports the successful completion of transmission projects
· Develop foundational leadership skills
This program offers entry level opportunities in the following areas of the Transmission business:
• Project Management: plans, schedules, organizes, and manages resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives.
• Project Services: coordinates customer and stakeholder outreach for Eversource work activities across all rights of way (ROW) and related facilities in its service territory, with the goal of presenting a consistent Eversource “voice” to regulators, host communities, property owners/customers, elected officials, and other stakeholders, to mitigate project risk, identify synergies, and meet stakeholder expectations.
• Siting: is the process to acquire regulatory approval for the design and location of a project, including transmission, substation, and telecommunications facilities.
• Policy: manages Eversource Transmission’s involvement with various federal, regional, and state policymaking processes and stakeholder forums
• Project Controls: is responsible for planning, scheduling, organizing, and managing resources to support the execution of specific projects, goals, and objectives.
• Project Performance: monitors the Transmission organization with the goal of identifying and developing efficiencies and automation in our processes through data-driven methods.
• Interconnections and Services: is responsible for planning and coordination of external interconnection requests to the Eversource Transmission system
Upon an offer to join the Transmission Development program your business area will be determined. During the 12-month program you will receive business area briefings and technical training to prepare for a successful career here at Eversource in our Transmission Business. The program goal is to provide you with a solid foundation for continued career development at Eversource, in the exciting and ever-changing energy industry.
** START DATE: July 10, 2023**
In this role, you will assist with handling day to day transmission business operations including transmission projects in Connecticut, Massachusetts, or New Hampshire. You’ll also work closely with personnel throughout the Eversource Company to learn various aspects of the Transmission project lifecycle from conception to construction.
· Project management of Transmission construction projects
· Develops schedules and cash flow reports
· May be responsible for preparing Requests for Proposals and participates in RFP package development
· Develops and prepares various reports, notes, plans, etc.
· Tracks and reports on project inquiries and updates KPI’s
· Evaluates various agreements and prepares/provides summaries
· Responsible for analyzing and summarizing various data points and reports
· Collects and summarizes feedback regarding changes, procedures, etc.
· Technical Knowledge/Skill/Education/Licenses/Certifications
· Proficient with MS Office Suite especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Exceptional analytical skills
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Civil), Construction Management, Business, Communications, Legal, Finance, Journalism, Psychology, Urban Planning or other related degrees and/or equivalent experience
· Zero (0) to three (3) years of related experience
· Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
· During the program you may be asked to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary
· Ability to travel to field locations