Amazon Robotics - Tech Product Manager (MBA) Co-op - Spring 2023, Robotic Manipulation Organization
Tech Product Manager Co-op (MBA)
January - June 2023
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling, and fun.
Amazon Robotics empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfillment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.
Amazon Robotics co-op opportunities will be based out of the Greater Boston Area in our two state-of-the-art facilities in Westborough, MA and North Reading, MA. Both campuses provide a unique opportunity to have direct access to robotics testing labs and manufacturing facilities. This role is a 6 month co-op to join AR full time (40 hours/week) from January - June 2023.
The Technical Product Management team partners closely with software and hardware engineering teams and is responsible for defining product requirements for the development of the latest technologies for Amazon Robotic Fulfillment Centers. The team is also responsible for creating strategic product roadmaps, serving as Voice of the Customer, and evaluating and prioritizing new feature requests.
The Product Management Co-op will work to understand customer needs for workcell operation and interfaces. They will also work to re-define the Operational Maintenance and support of Manipulation products- long-term and short-term; both preventative and reactive. This role requires excellent communication, project management, and technical skills to process information from multiple stakeholders, understand technical product features, and communicate effectively across the organization.
The ideal candidate should love robotics, will have great technical judgement and knowledge and be prepared to visit some Amazon sites across USA for direct customer interaction and in-person understanding of the product.
The Co-op will be responsible for:
* Identification of Product opportunities and determination of operational and systems requirements
* Working with internal support, Ops and engineering teams, using a mixture of simulation, technical analysis, data and high judgement to guide the key decisions about the product to maximize value to operations.
* Create team KPIs, goals, and analysis to monitor progress. Present analyses within the team and to organizational leaders.
* Prepare user documentation and training documentation.
About the team
The Robotic Manipulation Organization develops technology that tackles some of Amazon's most challenging material handling problems at scale. We are a highly collaborative group, designing and delivering robotic manipulation solutions that integrate cutting edge perception and motion planning algorithms with state of the art hardware. Thinking big and delighting our customers motivates this group of passionate technologists.
* Currently working towards MBA
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Robotics or related Engineering fields
* Must be eligible and available for a full-time (40h / week) co-op from January - June 2023
* Ability to work with engineering community in the organization to gain consensus on technical decisions around new ideas for implementation
* A background (2+ years) in product management or equivalent field
* Experience working on multiple product lines that span both SW and HW
* Experience working with engineering teams to define, scope and prioritize product requirements
* Experience with UX and/or Industrial Design
* Experience with Human Machine Interaction
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize conflicting requirements
* Ability to multitask and prioritize critical tasks and conflicting requirements with a high attention to detail
* Successful history of shipping innovative products
* Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
* Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position
* Owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive; demonstrated ability to have fun and inspire team members to enjoy work, be action-oriented and stretch their imagination
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.