Project Engineer Internship - Summer 2023
ABOUT THE ROLE
MYR Group and our subsidiary businesses strive to provide an opportunity for students to gain education in the electrical utility construction industry by providing a hands-on and inclusive internship program. The knowledge and experience gained through this program will directly apply to potential future employment opportunities.
MYRE is growing and working on renewable and solar energy projects throughout the U.S. Our growing team is both loyal and collaborative. We are committed to providing you with the tools and resources to support your growth as a valued employee and operate under a safety-first culture, to ensure we all go home safe every day.
You’ll get the opportunity to travel across the US, focusing on sustainability efforts, helping our teams build the solar electrical infrastructure. You’ll spend 8-12 months on average per project, working a rotating schedule so you’ll have long weekends to relax in addition to standard Saturday & Sunday off. We offer designated weekly subsistence in additional to base pay to support and help you cover living expenses and relocation assistance.
PAY: $16-$20 per hour (determined by job function/department)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Weekly project tracking & reporting.
- Tracking the status with our vendors and general contractors.
- - Checking the product data for accuracy.
- Keep the project's documentation up to date and in the correct location.
- Assist the team with PO creation and tracking.
- - Including daily, major, and equipment.
- Assist in writing and tracking RFIs.
- Participation in the Lunch & Learn internship program provided by the MYR Group Internship Leadership team.
- College sophomore or above working towards a related degree or be currently enrolled in or attending trade school. If you are a recent graduate, you must be within 1 year of your graduation date.
- No experience required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and give presentations.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to communicate with employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
Benefits of an internship with MYR Group:
- Opportunity to explore potential post-graduation career opportunities.
- Practice and improve industry skills while learning how to be an effective employee entering the workforce.
- Gain knowledge of the roles and responsibility of a particular career.
WHAT WE OFFER
Position may be subject to pre-employment screening, which may include background check and drug testing. Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process, contact our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group, Inc. and our subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects our family of brands. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, or other protected characteristics. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
MYR Group does not sponsor applicants for work visas. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
MYR Group, Inc. and our subsidiaries do not work with any third-party recruiters or agencies without a valid signed agreement and partnership with the Corporate Talent Acquisition Team.