One-Year Recruiting Assistant
Earthjustice is the premier non-profit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy, and combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals, and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time and bring about positive change. We are guided by a passionate, ambitious vision for the future for people and our planet: until justice stands for all, we will never rest. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Bozeman, Chicago, Denver, Honolulu, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Tallahassee, New York, Philadelphia, Seattle, and Washington, DC.
Earthjustice’s Recruitment Team is seeking a Recruiting Assistant to provide administrative support to our 7 team members. This role will be integral in helping us achieve our team goals to provide excellent service to both our internal and external stakeholders, hire the best advocates for our planet, continue improving our processes, and strengthen our partnerships. The Recruiting Assistant will work under the direction of the Program Manager, Recruiting Operations to post our opportunities on various job boards, provide reports on our hiring numbers, field questions sent to our general inbox, edit guidelines to be shared org-wide, and more.
This is a 12-month, full-time (37.5 hours/week) role with an anticipated start date in either mid-December 2022 or early-January 2023. The successful candidate may work remotely or a hybrid in-person/remote schedule in one of our regional offices that has the space. Preference will be given to those who can work Central or Mountain Time.
General Operations (35%)
- Create various standing and by-request reports for our hiring process and of our hiring numbers, including monthly Executive Leadership Team reports and weekly Senior Attorney reports.
- Source jobs and post open positions on various job boards per sourcing menus developed by the recruiters.
- Maintain records within the Recruitment Team’s SharePoint folder, including final job descriptions, notes from reference checks, new sourcing sites, interview questions, etc.
- Assist in registering the Recruitment Team for various career fairs and events.
- Assist in forwarding invoices to the HR Associate to process payments.
- With the Recruiting Associate, field the Recruitment Team’s general email inbox.
- Serve as meeting manager for the Recruiting Team, including managing agenda items, meeting minutes, calendaring and communicating action items for the team.
- Edit and proof various documents, including job descriptions/postings, guidelines, handbooks, etc.
- Assist HR Associate with running candidate background checks.
- Assist HR Associate with drafting conditional and final offer letters for all hires.
- Help coordinate and ship annual recruiting swag orders for recruiters nationwide.
- Other duties as assigned.
Student Hiring Support (30%)
- Draft surveys and questionnaires
- Support data analysis.
- With Recruiters, develop and maintain collected information, which may pertain to length of student employment, institutional representation, and application data.
- Support the creation of student hiring reporting structures, including creating, editing, and reviewing reports.
- Communicate throughout the hiring process with students, including interview scheduling, conflicts and reference checks, and sending general rejection notifications.
- Draft and update templates, such as offer letter templates and Jobvite system messages.
Temporary Hiring Support (25%)
- Send the Conflicts Team finalists’ information.
- Send onboarding information to temporary hires’ supervisors.
- Send monthly report of current temporary hires to IT and Finance.
- Confirm temporary hires were fully offboarded.
- Collect and maintain records in Recruit Team’s SharePoint, including confirmation of temporary hire’s background check clearance and completion of required trainings.
Professional Development (10%)
- Participate in conferences, trainings, webinars, working groups, and affinity groups to gain a deeper understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion; learn new skills; and increase your professional network.
- Passion for Earthjustice and our mission.
- 0-2+ years of providing administrative support experience.
- Willingness to quickly develop fluency in various software and platforms, including Microsoft Office Suite/365 – in particular, Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, and SharePoint – ADP, Zoom, DocuSign, Jobvite, Honeit, Monday.com, and more.
- Analytical; solid experience with Excel and other reporting systems is preferred.
- Highly reliable and able to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and teamwork skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask with a strong attention to detail.
- Dedication to maintaining confidentiality with discretion and professionalism.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
- Experience working or volunteering with a non-profit organization is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits that are comprehensive and competitive. We also offer a casual and congenial work environment.
Salaries at Earthjustice are determined by experience level and working location. Remote applicants should indicate in their application the city and state from which they will be working to confirm the salary range of that location.
Annual Salary Range for the Recruiting Assistant: $54,892.50 - $71,701.50
- Salary for San Francisco, CA & New York, NY: $64,506 - $71,701.50
- Salary for Seattle, WA; Washington, D.C.; Massachusetts; Chicago, IL; Los Angeles, CA; and Honolulu, HI: $61,405.50 - $68,191.50
- Salary for Philadelphia, PA; Juneau, AK; Anchorage, AK; Providence, RI; and Denver, CO: $58,090.50 - $64,603.50
- Salary for Tallahassee, FL; Miami, FL; Bozeman, MT; Madison, WI; and Maine: $54,892.50 - $60,996
- Salary for Remote (US): varies by location
Interested candidates should submit the following materials via Jobvite by 5:00pm PT, October 28, 2022. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Cover letter.
- Finalists will be asked to provide a list of 3 professional references, 2 of whom must be current or recent former supervisors.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having technical difficulties submitting your application. No phone calls, drop-ins, or hard copies. Earthjustice only considers applications submitted for current openings via Jobvite. Unsolicited resumes or resumes for posted positions that are not submitted via Jobvite will not be reviewed or retained.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership, and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other factor that is not related to the position.
For positions located within the City and County of San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For positions located within the City of Los Angeles: We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.