Staff Climate Change Consultant (Entry Level)
ERM is seeking an energetic, self-starting Staff Climate Change Consultant. This is an excellent opportunity for an early career professional or new graduate looking to work with an expert consulting team on interesting climate advisory projects for a wide range of Fortune 500 and privately held clients.
ERM has enduring values, which are fundamental to our business conduct. We are passionate about our people, their safety, well-being and development. ERM employees take accountability, are client focused, and collaborate with colleagues across geographies. If you share our values and are motivated by opportunities to shape climate strategy and disclosure to make a real impact to our client’s businesses, ERM is the right place for you.
- Implement climate change projects, such as greenhouse gas inventories, emission reductions, energy efficiency, public disclosure and verification.
- Implement environmental compliance management systems and processes to help clients improve EHS compliance.
- Conduct air quality analyses, assess regulatory compliance, and perform regulatory applicability evaluations.
- Prepare emission inventory reports; quantify air pollutant emissions and impacts.
- Conduct individual tasks associated with evaluating climate change risks and opportunities.
- Assist in the development of GHG inventories (Scope 1 and 2, with particular emphasis on Scope 3).
- Support life cycle assessments (LCA) for carbon intensity of products across their value chain.
- Support the development of climate change strategy, action planning, modeling, and setting of science-based targets.
- Provide input to climate-related target and goal setting for clients.
- Communicate with clients, ERM teams, and subcontractors (when applicable).
- Deliver tasks and projects on-schedule, on budget, and to a high level of quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, environmental science, or other relevant disciplines. Or 8+ years experience in lieu of a degree.
- 0 - 4 years’ experience in climate change consulting or a related industry position.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think strategically, analyze and synthesize diverse qualitative and quantitative data and information.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with a range of stakeholders, including diverse project teams, client contacts, government agencies, and non-governmental organizations.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, articulate issues, and recommend solutions.
- High-level proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs—comfort with complicated Excel formulas, pivot tables, etc., plus ability to present information succinctly and visually in PowerPoint; sophisticated data analysis a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written language skills are essential.
- Experience in the oil and gas sector is a plus.