Postdoctoral Research Associate for Bragg Coherent Diffraction Imaging
Develop ultrafast X-ray total scattering techniques to probe charge and magnetic ordering in quantum materials using the pair-distribution function method. This involves preparing and performing state-of-the-art x-ray scattering experiments, analyzing the data and disseminating the conclusions in scientific publications and talks.
- A PhD in experimental condensed matter physics or related field.
- Experience in central facility-based scattering techniques such as x-ray scattering, neutron scattering, photoelectron spectroscopy etc.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proven abilities for disseminating research by writing papers and giving academic talks
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated data analysis skills
- Knowledge of programming languages, such as Python, and experience with large datasets
- A good understanding of the science of quantum materials
- Experience with Bragg Coherent Diffraction Imaging