Research Technician - Alhadeff Lab
The Monell Chemical Senses Center was founded in 1968 as the world’s first nonprofit scientific institute devoted exclusively to basic research on the chemical senses: taste, smell, and chemosensory irritation. Research at Monell contributes to a wide range of scientific and practical knowledge. With more than fifty Ph.D.-level scientists, the Center is making major progress toward understanding how the chemical senses function and their importance in everyday life. Ongoing chemosensory studies extend from investigating receptor mechanisms to evaluating the role of the chemical senses in human health and disease. The Center is located in the University City area of Philadelphia. For more information on Monell please visit our website at www.monell.org.
Monell offers competitive and comprehensive benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurance, life and disability, paid time off, paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, 403b matching retirement, etc.
Monell provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified candidates or employees in any aspect of employment, any personnel practice, or in any term or condition of employment without regard to a person’s age, gender, pregnancy, race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, current or former membership or service obligations in the U.S. Armed Forces, or any other protected characteristic. Discriminatory practices are specifically prohibited by various federal, state and local laws.
The Alhadeff Lab has an open position for a full-time Research Technician who will responsible for lab organizing, ordering, inventory, transgenic animal colony breeding, and performing research experiments for our studies investigating gut-brain signaling and the neural control of food intake. The successful candidate will be trained by Alhadeff Lab staff on research protocols, lab organization, ordering, breeding skills, colony care, and management techniques.
Duties & responsibilities include
- Keeping track of lab inventory for supplies, mice, viruses, etc.
- Ordering lab supplies, managing invoices
- Managing lab budgets/payments
- Keeping lab and animal facility organized and operating efficiently
- Managing Assisting animal colony breeding and husbandry
- Assisting with lab histology
- Running lab experiments
- Assisting with data analysis
Minimum requirements for the position:
- BA/BS in Biology or related sciences preferred
- Experience with murine models and basic knowledge of genetics is preferred.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and able to work independently
- Cover letter explaining your experience, research interests and career goals.
- Curriculum vitae
- The names and contact information of 3 references