Jr. Project Engineer
TRC is a global consulting firm providing environmentally advanced and technology-powered solutions for the oil and gas, power, and infrastructure industry. We are seeking a Junior Project Engineer to join our TRC Digital team.
TRC Digital, a business unit within TRC, delivers IT/OT expertise and solutions to best address our client needs and has a proven track record supporting utilities in the deployment of complex operational technologies. We have broad capabilities for IT/OT project delivery while being highly specialized to meet the needs of each individual client. We are the trusted advisor and implementation partner for electric and gas utilities undergoing digital transformation and can offer deep experience across utility OT systems.
The Junior Project Engineer will be an essential part of our team to grow the consulting practice in the Operational Technology and Real-Time Systems domain.
Travel Requirements: First 2 months onsite in Minnesota for initial training and onboarding and up to 25% travel to client locations thereafter. Lodging, travel expenses and meal allowances are covered by TRC.
- Design, plan, integrate, test and commission hardware and software requirements on customer systems
- Define project requirements through customer communication and communicate the requirements to other departments, as necessary
- Provide networking and system/application design
- Perform hardware, software and system installation, integration, and testing for projects
- Customize system, hardware and network configuration based on customer requirements
- Provide customer support and assistance per contract maintenance and warranty
- Assist in creating training materials and project documentation as needed
- Dedicated weeks for major events:
- Site Integration (onsite at customer)
- SAT (onsite at customer)
- Cutover (onsite at customer)
- Involvement in weekly internal and external status meetings as well as other meetings as needed (Project Kickoff, technical discussions, Single Subject Meetings, etc.)
- Build/configuration/Quality Inspection Prep/testing of products on applicable hardware using internal tools and referencing internal documentation and guides as needed for build work (Nexus, QIC, Jama, SharePoint, etc.)
- Work with other internal teams for Database and Display conversions from legacy system
- Recording and tracking of technical items/issues using internal Jira (software defects, config fixes needed, etc.)
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, Systems Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of computer programming. An introduction to C programming at minimum
- Experience in one or more of the following: power systems, electric utility operations/dispatch, real time control systems, client/server applications, network communications, UNIX / Linux / Windows operating systems, C / C++
- Experience with CAD and software programming
- Knowledge of computer architectures, networking, databases, and operating systems
- Strong technical background in automation and computers. Familiarity with public utilities
- Excellent organization, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong commitment to providing superior customer service.
- Ability to work on several projects in parallel in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Join our growing Digital Grid Solutions Team and advance your career by learning from industry proven experts. Our team core values include: Safety, Teamwork, Quality, and Reliability.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information, please visit our website at:https://www.trccompanies.com/
TRC Digital Overview
TRC Digital – Operational Technologies
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.