Post-Doctoral Researcher - Lattice Quantum Chromodynamics (QCD)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform research on structure of hadrons and/or high temperature QCD matter using lattice QCD methods.
- Organize and participate in seminars, meetings, and workshops
- Document and disseminate research results through publications and conduct research presentations at meetings and conferences.
- Work effectively as a team member with other scientists while working independently within your broadly defined research objective
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- PhD degree in Theoretical Nuclear or Elementary Particle Physics
- Prior research experience in lattice Quantum Chromodynamics (QCD)
- Proficient in and knowledge of lattice quantum field theory
- Demonstrated ability to perform research independently and as part of a research group
- Demonstrated track record of publication of research in high quality peer-reviewed journals and deliver of presentations
- Clear and concise oral and written communication and interpersonal and analytical skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of lattice QCD computations of properties and structures of hadrons
- Experience with software development for high performance computing with GPUs