Office Assistant and Facilities Security Officer (FSO)
ARA is looking for a highly motivated, and organized Office Assistant to join our office in Nashua, NH. Are you collaborative and delightful to work with? Do you thrive at handling multiple demands in a rapidly changing environment? If this sounds like a good fit for you, come join us in continuing to make ARA a great place to work!
The Algorithms, Modeling, and Assessments Division of Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) has an immediate opening for an energetic, well-organized part-time Office Assistant, who will also perform the Facilities Security Officer (FSO) duties. The qualified candidate will have previous experience in a facilities security role or related experience. The FSO will manage daily security activities, enforce control and ensure security policies are strictly followed. The successful applicant will perform security disciplines in the 3 key areas of Information Security, Personnel Security, and Physical Security. This is a part-time, onsite position. Applicants must have an active Secret security clearance, with the ability to obtain a Top-Secret clearance. Candidates without an active security clearance will not be considered. The candidate will also be required to complete a comprehensive online Security Officer training course within 6 months of the start date.
The duties of the Office Assistant include, but are not limited to:
* Reception desk duties: answer door, receive packages, etc.
* Day-to-day operations
* Meeting prep and support
* Purchasing and managing Office supplies
* Coordinate with property management/engineer for building repairs/maintenance
* Maintaining control of physical keys and electronic key codes for building entry
* Interaction with landlord and contractors
* Manage office petty cash
The duties of the FSO include, but are not limited to:
* Facility clearance: Maintain and possible new facility clearance if we need to move to accommodate growth
* Facility security: Interface with the door alarm company and potentially with CCTV provider per new regulations, interface with locksmiths as the need arises
* Personnel clearances: standard duties
* Visitor Control: escort duties and checking ID/citizenship
* Classified visits and meetings as needed
* Self-Inspections and Audits
* Reporting: maintain/develop system(s) to facilitate (DISS, Access Commander, ARA Insider Threat, DoD Fraud and Abuse)
* Security Education: track and ensure trainings are current
* Counterintelligence: ensure briefings are up to date and arrange annual classified threat briefing for facility SMO and others as needed
* International Travel: ensure reports are timely and complete
* Insider Threat Program: administer and keep current, including regular meetings at the facility and in concert with other facilities
* COMSEC: administer COMSEC account including a single secure phone
* Create and maintain a local record-keeping system to cover requirements for all the above
Office Assistant and Facilities Security Officer (FSO) Requirements:
* High school diploma and 4-5 years of related experience
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software
* Experience working with federal/government agencies or defense contractors
* Working knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program (NISPOM) and Department of Defense regulations.
* Knowledge of using/applying US Government online programs such as the Defense Information System for Security (DISS), Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP), and National Industrial Security System (NISS)
* Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments
* Ability to multi-task and work successfully in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to communicate in a professional manner
Office Assistant and Facilities Security Officer (FSO) Desired Qualifications:
* Top Secret clearance
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent and five to seven years of related experience. Experience can consist of any time spent as a FSO, AFSO, CPSO, Security Manager, or military security manager
* Existing DoD security clearance
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about the Algorithms, Modeling & Assessments Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/
* 4 - 5 years: Relevant Work Experience
* High School or better
Licenses & Certifications
* Secret Clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)