Air Quality Specialist - Shreveport, LA
Our Shreveport Air Quality Program is seeking a junior consultant to provide general Air Quality compliance services to our public, private, and industrial clients. Primary responsibilities will include delivering permitting and compliance solutions, in support of our Project Managers. The role will involve both office and fieldwork. Office work will include but is not limited to data analysis, emission rate calculations, application, and interpretation of federal and state regulatory requirements, and report preparation. Fieldwork will include visiting client sites to inventory emissions equipment and collect data for projects. Out-of-town travel may be required.
This is a junior-level position that will provide a variety of challenging projects and lead to opportunities for advancement in project management, technical report writing, and a career in consulting.
- MS or BS in Environmental Engineering, Chemical or other related Engineering degree is preferred;
- General knowledge of Water, Waste, and Air Quality compliance issues;
- Excellent mathematical and computer skills, (capacity for statistics and computer modeling);
- Skilled in using MS Office programs, with emphasis on spreadsheets;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Willingness to travel to project sites out of the area (approximately 10% travel);
- Flexible to work outside normal work schedule as needed;
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously and maintain successful client relationships;
- Satisfy all Drug & Alcohol, Health & Safety, and Security requirements including obtaining a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card;
- This position requires the use of a company vehicle. Candidate must be at least 21 years of age with a clean driving record, and able to safely operate a full-size pickup truck; and
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team environment.