BUILD YOUR CAREER AT BLACK & MCDONALD
Black & McDonald is an integrated, multi‑trade service provider that safely delivers high quality construction, facilities management, and technical solutions. We are a family-owned and family-run company that employs thousands of highly skilled and talented professionals across North America. With nearly 100 years of diverse market experience, we are a forward‑thinking organization with a strong track record of delivering operational excellence and customer-focused solutions that stand the test of time.
ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Kansas City team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Electrical Designer is located in Kansas City and typically reports directly to a Senior Engineer. The position will work on projects involving overhead and underground electric utility distribution systems, joint use, communications, electric vehicle charging stations, or small cells.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Design of distribution systems
· Joint use coordination and make ready design to accommodate new fiber attachments
· Analyze data collected from existing electric utility distribution systems for the accommodation of the addition of fiber communications using PLS Pole, PLS CADD, and/or O-Calc on electrical distribution systems
· Design and coordination of electrical charging stations
· Design and coordination of small cell installations
· Use of a field data collection device to survey and collect information from existing electric utility distribution systems
· Prepare drawings, make ready construction prints, construction work orders, job packets and summary bill of materials
· Establish and maintain project team and client relationships, with strong emphasis on communication
· Follow safety procedures
· Work effectively in a team environment
· Other tasks as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited program
· Preferred experience:
o Any internships with electrical distribution and/or communications systems
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
· Willing and able to travel 10% within the United States
· Teamwork and Collaboration
· Communicates Effectively
· Problem Solving and Innovation
· Continuous Learning
· Customer Focus
· Values and Respects Others
· Maximizes Business Performance and Team Effectiveness
We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request.