BUILD YOUR CAREER AT BLACK & MCDONALD
Black & McDonald is an integrated, multi‑trade service provider that safely delivers high quality construction, facilities management, and technical solutions. We are a family-owned and family-run company that employs thousands of highly skilled and talented professionals across North America. With nearly 100 years of diverse market experience, we are a forward‑thinking organization with a strong track record of delivering operational excellence and customer-focused solutions that stand the test of time.
ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Kansas City team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Engineer is located in Kansas City and typically reports directly to a Senior Engineer. The position will work on projects involving overhead and underground electric utility transmission and/ or distribution systems, substations, joint use, communications, electric vehicle charging stations, or small cells.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Design of overhead and underground transmission and/or distribution systems
· Joint use coordination and make ready design to accommodate new fiber attachments
· Analyze data collected from existing electric utility distribution systems for the accommodation of the addition of fiber communications using PLS Pole, PLS CADD, and/or O-Calc on electrical distribution systems
· Design and coordination of electrical charging stations
· Design and coordination of small cell installations
· Use of a field data collection device to survey and collect information from existing electric utility distribution systems
· Prepare make ready construction prints, construction work orders, job packets and summary bill of materials
· Establish and maintain project team and client relationships, with strong emphasis on communication
· Follow safety procedures
· Work effectively in a team environment
· Other tasks as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited program
· Fundamentals in Engineering (FE) is strongly preferred
· Ability to obtain Professional Engineering license when eligible
· Preferred experience:
o Any internships with transmission or distribution systems
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
· Willing and able to travel 10% within the United States
· Teamwork and Collaboration
· Communicates Effectively
· Problem Solving and Innovation
· Continuous Learning
· Customer Focus
· Values and Respects Others
· Maximizes Business Performance and Team Effectiveness
We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request.