Payroll Specialist - (981)
Western EcoSystems Technology, Inc. (WEST) a dynamic medium size consulting firm with offices across the United States and Canada, is looking for a full-time Payroll Specialist located in Cheyenne, Wyoming. Since 1990, WEST has grown to be one of the premier environmental and statistical consulting firms in the United States
Please click here to see what benefits WEST offers!
The minimum base salary for this position is $50,000 and the maximum is $60,000, plus additional annual profit sharing bonus potential. Salary may vary based on education, knowledge and experience.
- Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll for US Company, and provide payroll information to ADP for Canadian company payroll processing.
- Review new hires in the payroll system for accuracy and completeness, and set up Deltek Vision log-in credentials.
- Review, audit, and post timekeeping records for compliance with established standards.
- Correct overtime coding in accordance with multiple state and province requirements.
- Calculate mandatory and voluntary payroll deductions and additions.
- Calculate and process garnishments and levies.
- Reconcile bi-weekly medical, dental, and vision insurance withholdings and reimbursements.
- Calculate and adjust vacation, sick, and other paid leave accruals for part-time employees.
- Calculate and make timely federal, state, and county payroll tax deposits.
- Prepare and file monthly, quarterly, and annual tax reports for withholding, unemployment, and worker’s compensation tax accounts for multiple states,
- Reconcile payroll tax general ledger accounts and make quarterly adjustments.
- Complete year end W-2 processing in accordance with IRS regulations.
- Prepare state revenue report for our third party accountant for year-end tax returns.
- Calculate annual SEP IRA distribution amounts.
- Update unemployment rates and wage bases in Deltek Vision.
- Maintain payroll records in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Complete the monthly Billable Hour Report and Temporary Employee Billable Hour Report.
- Research and prepare ad hoc reports for management.
- Ensure up-to-date knowledge on payroll rules and regulations, and communicate to employees as needed.
- Maintain full confidentiality in all payroll and accounting related duties and activities.
- Assist with other accounting duties as needed.
This is a general description of the functions for this position and is not inclusive of the duties which may be associated with this position.
The Payroll Specialist we are seeking has a great opportunity to help WEST take the next step in our growth as a premier environmental consulting firm. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who possesses:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree preferably in Accounting or related field
- Three to five years’ experience preferred
- Ability to understand, explain, interpret, and apply payroll rules and regulations and other work related documents.
- Proficiency in, or knowledge of, administrative and clerical procedures, and systems used in a contemporary office environment.
- High level of attention to detail
- Highly collaborative work ethic with a track record of maintaining positive relationships with coworkers, clients, and stakeholders
- Problem solving / analysis
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a positive attitude and ability to work harmoniously with a diverse workforce
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work well under time constraints while meeting deliverable targets and deadlines
- Experience with Deltek Vision is a plus
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, banking and the analysis/reporting of financial data
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in resource allocation, leadership principles/techniques, and coordination of people as well as resources
- Ability to appear for work on time, sit for long periods of time, follow instructions from managers and accept guidance and constructive criticism
WEST is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for everyone and highly recommends all prospective hires be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to their start date. While WEST does not currently require vaccinations, please be aware that WEST has a mandatory vaccination policy in place should local, state or federal law require vaccinations. Additionally, WEST has certain clients that require all personnel to be vaccinated prior to working on their projects, so individuals will be required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination prior to working on those projects. As an exception, employees may also request a Medical or Religious exemption from the vaccine requirement and the request must be supported by a doctor for a medical exemption or by a statement from the employee outlining a sincerely held belief to qualify for a religious exemption. Please contact us if you have any questions.
After an offer of employment is made, the candidate must successfully pass a pre- employment background check, drug screening, and a DMV records check that meets WEST’s minimum criteria to operate a motor vehicle on behalf of the company. A valid driver’s license will be required.
WEST provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, genetics, and any protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Further, WEST takes affirmative action to ensure that all individuals are treated fairly, and without discrimination, for recruitment, selection, advancement and every other term and privilege associated with employment.