Summer Internship 2023 – Commodity Market Analysis And Trading (US)
As a summer intern at Equinor, you will join 21,000 colleagues delivering oil, gas, wind, and solar power to 170 million people worldwide. By 2050, we aim to become a net-zero company and provide the energy the world needs without contributing to global warming. It is one of the defining challenges of our time, and attracting and developing the brightest minds will be critical to our success.
Our summer internship is a 12-week programme designed to provide the experience and skills you need in your studies and future career. Our US internship will begin on 30 May and ends on 18 August 2023. You can find out more about the programme at www.equinor.com/careers/summer-interns
Manufacturing, Marketing and Processing (MMP) is a commercial area responsible for maximizing the value creation of Equinor’s production worldwide. MMP is responsible for global market analysis, marketing and trading of crude, petroleum products, natural gas and electricity as well as developing low carbon solutions (including hydrogen and carbon capture and storage). MMP is also responsible for transportation and infrastructure positions to ensure Equinor’s production reaches the market in an efficient manner.
As part of MMP, we are close to 1,000 employees with key roles as Traders, Marketers, Originators, Macro and Market Analysts, Commercial and Shipping Operators, Charterers, Contract managers and Deal handlers, Asset managers and various other roles covering digitalization and improvement initiatives.
Our summer interns will work on multiple tasks throughout the business. Work tasks may vary according to your competence profile, assignment, and business needs. Typical assignments under MMP are within:
- Commodity market analysis – energy markets, macroeconomics, market analysis, policy and regulations, crude oil evaluation, market modelling
- Trading and Marketing –support of business development in commodity markets, chartering and risk management, algorithmic trading, developing, and validating quantitative models for valuation and risk assessment
- Energy logistics – support of commercial operations, commercial contracts management, claims and deal handing.
Some qualities are essential for Equinor. You identify with our values, open, collaborative, courageous and caring, which guide our decisions and help us succeed and grow. You make safety your priority and contribute to our zero-harm culture. For this position, we are also looking for:
• Currently studying for Bachelor’s, Master’s degree or Ph.D. with a strong academic record within Economics, Engineering, Finance, Shipping, Trading, Logistics, Business, Industrial Economics, Innovation, Naval architecture, Marine Technology, Offshore Technology, Technology Management, Maritime Law, Political Science and Law, Energy Management, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science, Sustainability and other related disciplines
• Fluent in English and preferably a second working language
• Have completed at least two years of higher education before the internship programme starts (30 May 2023)
• Candidates must live in a state where Equinor currently has presence
• Candidates must have the necessary work permit for the country in which they are applying for a position. The work permits must be valid at the point of application and for the duration of the employment. Please note that Equinor does not support, or sponsor work or visa permits for internship applications. Read more about it on the national authorities’ pages: United States
• Extracurricular activities and/or voluntary work are an advantage
• Experience with Microsoft Power Platform a plus
Every role and business area requires its own specific set of skills and personal attributes. Some of the qualities and characteristics we look for include:
• An awareness of risk and a commitment to safety for yourself and those around you.
• Effective communication skills and the ability to facilitate collaboration, influence stakeholders, and contribute to a diverse and inclusive culture.
• The flexibility to adapt to change, embrace new technology, and perform in a digitally enabled environment.
• Demonstrating a curious mind and the ability to problem-solve, innovate, and identify new ways of delivering against our objectives.
Equinor is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all candidates who meet the educational and experience requirements, including those with disabilities. If you have any specific requirements for any stage in our process, please make this clear in your application, and our team will be happy to support you.
Please make sure that when applying, you attach the following:
• CV/ resume in English
• Transcripts of records (or other documents describing subjects and grades) in English or Scandinavian language obtained to this point during your studies. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript. Applications submitted without these attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated.
To ensure an efficient recruitment process, please be informed that you may apply for a maximum of 3 Summer Internship roles per country.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process. All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law.
Please apply via link below: