Human Resource Specialist
IMI Norgren LLC is part of global engineering organization IMI plc. IMI is at the forefront of delivering the solutions we need in a changing world and is focused on creating tremendous value by solving key industry problems in attractive markets and working with the best.
Norgren has a proud history of creating innovative engineering solutions in precise motion control and fluid technology, and we collaborate with our customers across more than 50 countries in critical areas such as Factory Automation, Material Handling, Rail, Energy, Process Control, Life Science and Commercial Vehicles.
IMI Norgren is seeking a team-oriented Human Resources Specialist to be based in our University Park/Rockford, IL office. The HR Specialist will be a centralized resource for our America’s business unit to support all HR administrative and operational responsibilities. This role will create efficiency and consistency across the administrative functions of Human Resources, focused on operational excellence and creating consistency across our processes to ensure compliance and improve the employee experience.
Work Location & Schedule:
The HR Specialist will be based in University Park, IL but will travel as-needed to our site near Rockford, IL.
Addresses: 25150 Governors Hwy, University Park, IL 60484 // 10914 N. 2nd Street Machesney Park, IL 61115
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with the site HR teams and assist with implementing improvements and streamlining tasks, focusing on efficiencies, optimization and standardization of HR services and processes
- Support creation, implementation, and evaluation of all human resource department policies, procedures, and structures
- Support implementation and administration of new and existing HR programs, i.e., compensation, benefits, performance management, learning & development, employee engagement, mentorships, apprenticeships, internships etc.
- Employee data management- ensure all employee records are maintained and updated with new hire information or changes in employment status
- Maintain HR records for employees at assigned location(s), prepare metrics, analytics, and reports, and ensure data integrity and privacy
- Prepare and publish a variety of communications (i.e., flyers, bulletins and newsletters)
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective actions
- Assist with adherence to corporate guidelines and legal compliance
- Support pre-employment and on-boarding process
- Benefit and leave administration support
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Management
- 1-3 years’ experience in a Human Resources role, could include projects and/or internships
- Knowledge of Human Resources practices and procedures
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, growth-oriented, and highly collaborative environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, and the ability to interact professionally with all levels of the organization
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail/accuracy
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Computers and Technology
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Proficient and comfortable working with spreadsheets and data, ensuring data integrity and accuracy is maintained
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now preferred
What IMI can offer you:
At IMI, one of our top priorities is to create an inclusive culture of health. We strive to remove barriers to care (whether that be physical or financial) and in doing so, we offer choice for all your health and wellbeing needs.
See below for a general overview of our amazing perks and benefits:
- Multiple health plans to choose from: HMO, PPO, and High Deductible Health Plans with a low-cost share
- Full suite of voluntary benefits to tap into, including but not limited to: Pet insurance, critical illness insurance, concierge services, legal insurance, commuter benefits (if applicable), and home & auto insurance.
- Employer contribution for Health Savings Account, and in many cases free virtual telemedicine, and teletherapy.
- Best-in-class 401K plan with zero vesting and up to 6% contribution matching.
- Mental Health and wellness programs to support you and your family.
- Short & long-term disability as well as basic life insurance at 2x your basic salary at no cost to the employee.
- Free financial advisors, webinars, and classes through Charles Schwab.
**Benefits plans change year over year, but we have guiding principles in place to ensure our employees have the tools and resources available to stay connected and up to date**
Health & Safety:
The physical demands described within the Key Duties & Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by all members of the workforce at IMI to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to be independently mobile. The individual is also required to frequently interact with a computer and communicate with colleagues. Contact your local HR representative to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role.
Health, Safety, and Environmental Duties – All members of our workforce have the duty to ensure the health, safety and welfare of themselves, others, and the environment.
Here at IMI, we value our workforce, our wellbeing, and our professional working environment. The Cardinal Rules for HSE have been designed to act as a guide for all: Take Personal Responsibility and Accountability for Collective Safety, Observe and Use Proper Lifting Techniques, Respect Machine Guarding Systems, Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Perform Hazardous Energy Control (Lock Out-Tag Out), and Operate Powered Industrial Vehicle Safety. These rules are designed to keep our employees safe and if not followed, can have serious consequences to you, your co-workers, and our business. All members of the workforce are expected to adhere to all safety policies and rules.
Code of Ethics:
Norgren requires the highest standard of ethics in all business dealings, particularly with customers, suppliers, advisors, employees, and the authorities. In accordance with the IMI Way: Our Code of Responsible Business.
Changes to This Job Description:
Norgren may amend this job description in whole or part at any time.
Norgren is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status