Information Technology Management Internships
Seeking Degree Programs In: Computer Science, Information Management/Technology, Software Engineering, Software Development, Web Development, Data Analytics, IT Project Management, Architecture, Network Engineering, Telephony, Process Analysis, Cloud Platform Development
Does an internship focused on changing the world's energy future intrigue you? If so, we might have just the opportunity you're looking for!
Through this single application, you are considered for all internship projects related to Information Management/Technology functions. Simply complete the application questions which will help us identify what knowledge and experience you already have that may be related to the preferred qualifications for each individual internship project. It is common for applicants to receive consideration for multiple projects at varying times throughout the process. Mentors will make direct contact with applicants who meet their project qualifications to share the specific details of the project. Most internships provide flexibility with start and end dates to account for varying university term schedules. We encourage early applications to increase the number of opportunities available to you.
If you are interested in other INL internship categories in addition to this one, you will need to complete the application for each of those categories as well. Most of the information you provide while completing the initial application carries over to your new applications. You will have to review your previously submitted information in each step, ensure it is complete and then click the submit button on the final step.
Internship projects will focus on positions that is critical for the day to day business operations of INL. Below are descriptions of the type of projects a student may work on:
- Develop advanced skills in Microsoft Power BI by participating in data analytics and metrics generation projects. Improve business knowledge by assisting in INL business systems.
- Provide software development support with a variety of technologies including but not limited to C#, SQL, MVC, .NET, Dapper, and JIRA. Interns will have the opportunity to design and develop improvements and solve issues on a variety of MVC.NET applications.
- Development of client-side that displays content stored within SharePoint lists onto a customized SharePoint page using JSLink and the SharePoint rest API.
- Participate with the data management team, learn in database modeling, design, querying, and administration of data in the SQL Server database platform for delivery of a foundational data warehouse and data mart(s). Develop skills in visualization and reports using PowerBi.
- Collaborate with Quality Control team in implementing a variety of automated tests using Java Script and Java while learning the importance of Quality Control in the software development lifecycle.
- Identity and access management, which will include Windows Active Directory, Certificate Management, Encryption, Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Collaborate with ITIL Process Analysts to help the Service Management team evaluate customer processes, identify automation opportunities, and align services and associated processes with ITIL standard methodologies.
- Intern will perform system administration and development in support of solution delivery within the ServiceNow platform.
- Project may require knowledge of Power Shell scripting language. Debugging, problem solving and process implementation skills. Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, including Group Policy Management. Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and X.509 standards, including operation Certificate Authorities, such as Microsoft Windows Certificate Services, OCSP, SCVP, etc.